What are you thinking right now?

Started by Lise, Feb 05 07 09:10

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

I'm thinking tonight might be a good night to fall asleep four hours without interruption.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

I'm thinking about the blood test which I have to have tomorrow morning.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

How Toyota is going to fair in Nascar when so many of the fans of Nascar hate Toyota.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TheAngel

I'm thinking...I wish I knew how to crop pictures..

I take pictures with my digital camera, then I upload them to my computer. If I want to send my pictures through email, the end result is they are very large and take up alot of space..................this happens every time! =(

I'm thinkin I wish someone knows a thing or two about this who can help me. :)

Lise

I'm thinking Angel should use Photoshop to cut and crop your photos.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Easier than that is an option that is in one of the drop-downs, to 'resize for email'.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Really? I had no idea you  had that option. Is it just for Hotmail?
Bill Cosby.

TheAngel

I'll see if I can download PS, thanks:)  

P.C.

I don't know how you file your pics purelife.  I have

Windows XP and use Outlook Express for email

I do it this way.  I go into My Computer

Open the file folder with the pics you want to sent

Down the left side of the screen are these Options.

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #40a0ff"]Picture Tasks[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #40a0ff"]File and Folder Tasks[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #40a0ff"][/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #40a0ff"]Other Places[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"]In the File and Folder Tasks is an option to "Email this file  (First select the pic you want to send.)[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"]Then click on 'Email this File'[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"]As soon as you click on it, a separate window comes up ........[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"][/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #40a0ff"]Send pictures via email[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"]Make all my pictures smaller[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"]Keep original size[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e6e6e6"]Click on 'make all my pictures smaller, and it automatically opens Outlook express and automatically attaches your resized picture.[/FONT]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

[a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGGviSJ4Ilw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGGviSJ4Ilw[/a]

I was listening to a concert Arcade Fire did and they did a cover of this song, it won Eurovision way back when.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Marik

Killing my math teacher!!! He can't explain anything (he makes tons of mistakes), he's sarcastic as hell, NOBODY LIKES HIM!!! UGH!!! I'D BE DOING THE STUDENTS A FAVOR!!!  

weird al

Marik wrote:
Killing my math teacher!!! He can't explain anything (he makes tons of mistakes), he's sarcastic as hell, NOBODY LIKES HIM!!! UGH!!! I'D BE DOING THE STUDENTS A FAVOR!!!  

Marik, can you ask him a relevant question that he won't be able to answer adequately, without your appearing to be setting him up? And then take him down for the count with some difficult but pertinent follow-ups? Tag-teaming can be effective too, especially if carefully choreographed.

I remember hearing how a (systems analysis?) class at, maybe MIT,  programmed their prof to to move around the room according to their own agreed-upon "choreography" by rewarding him with rapt attention, pertinent questions, respect, etc., and "punishing" him with inattention, coughing, shuffling the feet, dumb questions, dropping things...

I wish I could provide some backup for this, but it was quite a while ago. Has anybody heard of this cruel experiment?. There's a story, again I can't provide proof for it, but I think this all came out of MIT:

There was this tenured prof who had clearly gone past the age of lucidity. One day he walks up to the door to his office, but it has been camouflaged with paneling and whatnot, and there's a portrait of him, with a caption detailing how he had retired, like, two years ago.He looks at it for a long time, and walks on down the hall...

I don't particularly believe in torturing profs, but hey, if they can't figure it out, maybe it's time to move to Florida, whatever.

Worked for me. Hey, I got a time-share there!

Branwyn

Thinking I am glad this day is over, and a new one to look forward to.  

Russ

I downloaded GIMP (thanks Tenkani!) its like a cheap free version of photoshop. Other than that, I got the upgrade for my windows, that when you right click a picture the dropdown gives you a resize option. I dunno where its from.. I cant remember, but someone on here suggested it.

I thinking the movie 'snakes on a plane' wasnt THAT bad, it was better than what I was expecting, but not as good as what it could have been.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Thinking about an old-fashioned funeral procession I saw coming down the street a short while ago. A man and woman both dressed in long black (courtly?) coats and black top hats, walking in front of a team of four black horses (all with black plumes) which was pulling a glass-sided hearse. I've never seen this  'in the flesh'  beforer, only in films. It looked like something out of Dickens.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

|