If a big man cries.....

Started by Lise, Feb 05 07 09:04

Previous topic - Next topic

If a man cries when he's watching a sad movie, do you think he's too soft?

Yes - definitely, what a wuss!
1 (11.1%)
No - it's great, he's in touch with his feelings
6 (66.7%)
I'm not touching this question with a 10 pole stick
0 (0%)
Uh.... what's the question again?
1 (11.1%)
I don't really care, go away!
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Lise

Well, some men cry freely in the movie theatre when they watch a really, really sad movie but some won't admit it.

Do you think a man who cries when he watches a sad movie a wuss or that it's terrific that he's in touch with his feelings and not afraid to show it?

I personally think it's great when a guy can show his softer side in front of a gal.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

i have to admit that i cry like a baby at movies.

im such a emo!

P.C.

Men who cry when they can't have a new car or if their fries are cold ....not so good.

Men who recognize sadness or joy, and aren't afraid to express it.......awesome.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kingy

men cry when their fries are cold??? warm beer i could understand but cold fries??

49er

I cry.......but I also try to hide it

P.C.

Do you know why, 49er?

49er

I would try to hide because I'm embarassed as it is only a movie

P.C.

But the whole purpose of viewing a movie, is to be entertained.  If part of that, is feeling a depiction of someone's sorrow, it doesn't make the emotion it ignites any less real.  Let er rip.

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

I've maybe cried once in the last 30 years. It's not that I've not wanted to, just that I seem not to be able to do it - now and then I'm sure I'd find it a great relief to turn 'internal crying' into something more physical. When I get the feeling of 'internal crying',  it's almost always in reaction to encountering something very beautiful.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Well since I'm a 'big man' I do cry at movies.  I don't show it like sobbing wise but inside I'm all torn up.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

I'm with you on this, Sportsdude.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

M50

its takes a big man to cry

but it takes a bigger man to laugh AT him when he cries...

I'm jus kiddin...  

Lise

*laughs at M50 when crying*

Are you a dude by any chance?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Raver

I'm a pretty big guy.  I've cried when watching movies alone if they are particularily touching, but not usually if there's someone else around.

- Little Miss Sunshine was the most recent to get to me.  The "am I beautiful" scene with the little girl and her grandpa in particular
- Saving Private Ryan really gets me, probably because my grandfather was there at Normandy

I'm sure there's more but those two really stand out for me.

EDIT:  I also cry every time a Tim Allen movie is released but thats more of a weeping for humanity kinda thing.