American Flag

Started by Gopher, Feb 05 07 02:49

Previous topic - Next topic

tenkani

I've heard the statement that in the U.S. almost every house has a flag on it.
Depends entirely on where one lives.
Here in California, although just after 9/11 there was a bit of flag-mania, it's not all that common to see flags waving. You canucks sometimes forget that the cultural difference between California and Idaho is about as great as the culture gap between B.C. and Quebec. Let's keep it classy.

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Lise

HAH!!! Take that, aliens!!!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

tenkani

Ooooh, nice flag!
I can see my house from here!!!!   :O

Sportsdude

Every year around Canada Day I get the urge to fly the red maple leaf in front of my house.  oh yeah I'd be in trouble trouble if I did that.  My house is on a cliff overlooking a busy highway.  10's of thousands of cars would see it. ha ha ha ha    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

James H.

tenkani makes a good point. I think there must be a cultural difference between Seattle and...well, the rest of Washington State too.

Portland and the Oregon Inland, etc.

Sportsdude

Okay if you really want to know who flies the flag like its a hat and does the quintuple (bumper sticker, flag stand on the driver side, bush sticker, flag tshirts, flags on the house)

Missouri, Kansas, Illinois (southern), arkansas, louisiana, mississippi, alabama, georgia, florida (central and northern), south carolina, north carolina, virginia (minus northern virginia near D.C), west virginia (minus the morgantown and charleston), southern Ohio, northern wisconsin, Iowa, Colorado (outside of denver and Summit County), Nevada (outside of Vegas), Arizona, New Mexico, Texas (everything but Austin yes there is a liberal town in Texas), rural kentucky (that means not louisville), South Dakota, eastern washington state (spokane), idaho, wyoming, rural montana (outside of Helena), western Pennsylvannia (east of phili), oklahoma

There thats about where you would see the quintuple more then any other place. lol I just named all the republican strong holds. damn I'm good.

But really go anywhere around here and this is ground zero for brainwashery.

james h.

People shouldn't feel like they should be ashamed to fly the flag either. Just do it for your own reason. Pride, or whatever, but do it for your own reason.

It is the "We gotta Bomb Them Back to the Stone Age" attitude since 9/11 that brought on the reason for the major influx of multiple flags.

and by "Them", they mean "they don't know who them is".

Sportsdude

the average american thinks Barack Obama is a terrorist.  

tenkani

You really need to move, bro.  

Sportsdude

I know the west is calling.  

tenkani

Anyways, I have mixed feelings about Obama.
He's certainly not a real progressive, but maybe he's as close as we're going to get.
After all, he's handsome, articulate and "clean".
f*ck's sake, Mr. Biden, what were you thinking????

Sportsdude

well Bush said the same thing about Obama on the same day nobody is calling for his head.

Anyway Obama is pretty far left then most people think.  Just look at his record in the Illinois Senate.

P.C.

the average american thinks Barack Obama is a terrorist.  

That sounds like the average American doesn't have a television......or maybe even electricity.  Where are these 'average Americans' hiding?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

On CNN they interviewed a bunch of people on the street and the Moose lady (thats her name) said something like Barack Hussein Obama a threat to the nation? And most of the people said most difinately.

Believe it or not he's not that widely well known outside of the midwest.  More people vote for American Idol remember then the president.

tenkani

I just got back from the annual meeting of my employer and to pump us up (and remind us how important our work is) they played a couple of country music videos. One of them was this, thought you might like it...
[br style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Angry American (Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue)![/span]

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]American Girls and American Guys[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]We'll always stand up and salute[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]We'll always recognize[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]When we see Ole Glory Flying[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]There's a lot of men dead[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]So we can sleep in peace at night[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]When we lay down our head[/span]

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]My daddy served in the army[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Where he lost his right eye[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]But he flew a flag out in our yard[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Till the day that he died[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]To grow up and live happy[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]In the land of the free.[/span]
[br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Now this nation that I love[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Has fallen under attack[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]A mighty sucker punch came flying in[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]From somewhere in the back[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Soon as we could see clearly[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Through our big black eye[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Man, we lit up your world[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Like the 4th of July[/span]

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Hey Uncle Sam[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Put your name at the top of his list[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And the Statue of Liberty[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Started shaking her fist[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And the eagle will fly[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And there's gonna be hell[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]When you hear Mother Freedom[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Start ringing her bell[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And itll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Ahhh Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue[/span]

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Ohhh Justice will be served[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]And the battle will rage[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]This big dog will fight[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]When you rattle his cage[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]And you'll be sorry that you messed with[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]The U.S. of A.[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]It's the American way[/span]

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Hey Uncle Sam[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Put your name at the top of his list[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And the Statue of Liberty[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Started shaking her fist[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And the eagle will fly[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And there's gonna be hell[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]When you hear Mother Freedom[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Start ringing her bell[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]And itll feel like the whole wide world is raining down on you[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"]Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue[/span]
[br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Uhhh Ohhh[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Of the Red, White and Blue[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Ohhh Ohh Oh[/span][br style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"][span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);"]Of My Red, White and Blue![/span]

|