Your thoughts on PDA (Public Displays of Affection)

Started by purelife, Feb 02 07 09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Its my sarcastic humor coming out.  Its my shtick hehe
anyway back to pda

isn't that a black berry?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

My thoughts on PDA: kissing, holding hands, nestling, huddling, cuddling, and other signs expressive of love are wonderful. I like to see them. However, anything beyond that is best done in privacy.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

People in general get into other peoples business far too much

I think that anything that's done in public is everybody's business.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a077.gif" border=0][/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

purelife wrote:
Many couples do show and some don't show pda in public.  Personally, I'm all for hugging, holding hands and pecking on the lips/cheeks.  What about groping your partner?  Do you feel offended if you saw a couple smooching, tongueing and obviously "making" out?  Have they gone too far?  Should that be kept strictly in the bedroom?  Your thoughts?    I don't mind watching two women smooching, tongueing and obviously "making" out but I will be nauseated if I see two men doing it

Lise

49er wrote:
I don't mind watching two women smooching, tongueing and obviously "making" out but I will be nauseated if I see two men doing it.

Ditto. However, I would make a special case if it was between 49er and Gopher.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Two women smooching is one of the best possible pda EVAR!  

Gopher

49er wrote: I  don't mind watching two women smooching, tongueing and obviously "making" out but I will be nauseated if I see two men doing it

Yes, it's strange, I'm of exactly the same opinion.

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

oh my if I saw two girls making out in the park, oh boy, I'd say the temperature rose a bit.  

purelife

I'm pretty sure it's more than your temperature that rose a bit.  ;)

Sportsdude

hehehe
is it getting hot in here or is it just me? *looks around* haha oh gosh

Bitter

It's hard for me to be objective on this one, because i've always been the lonely guy, looking at the amorous antics of couples & envied them, but I'll try to be fair.
   I guess if it's something like hand holding and-or a quick peck on the cheek, it's ok. But if it's a grope-fest, love-wrestling match, where both are trying to be the next XXX Movie Stars, then No. To me, that's just obscene & serves no purpose than to rub it in people's faces. & make those around them uncomfortable.

P.C.

Awwwww.  Well you did a good job of being fair.

It sounds like it's almost a sweep..... for the most part, it just makes people feel uncomfortable.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Adam_Fulford

I'm basically a prude.  Not sure why, being descended from playboys, pirates, and socialites. Don't care about other people's Public Displays of Affection, but, when it comes to me, I prefer a slight nod over handshake, never mind kissing and hugging people hello (It still makes me cringe; life amongst Italians didn't temper this in me), or rushing to smooch in a phonebooth before phonebooths become extinct.

Moolah!

Hand holding, brief hugging on the street don't bother me at all.

But I do get kind of annoyed when I see couples openly making out in the hot tub.

The security fellow tells me that he's fed up with catching couples openly engaging in intercourse in public areas.

Personally I haven't walked into full coital scenes yet, but I know it's only a matter of time... despite the fact that I don't even visit the pool area too often anyway.

When that happens though instead of feeling uncomfortable, I'm thinking of doing one of 2 things, and my mood will determine which course of action to take:

Either, tell the idiots that they should take this to private and that I'm calling the security,

Or say it out loud in a confident tone,

"Hey folks never mind me, I like watching anyway" and intently stare at their genitals with a grin on my face.

Which one would you recommend?

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

kitten

I would recommend the latter.  That should quickly bring them back to reality.  Personally, I find that people indulging in public displays of sex, as opposed to public displays of affection, totally annoying.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

|