Your thoughts on PDA (Public Displays of Affection)

Started by purelife, Feb 02 07 09:05

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

Many couples do show and some don't show pda in public.  Personally, I'm all for hugging, holding hands and pecking on the lips/cheeks.  What about groping your partner?  Do you feel offended if you saw a couple smooching, tongueing and obviously "making" out?  Have they gone too far?  Should that be kept strictly in the bedroom?  Your thoughts?    

TehBorken

purelife wrote:
Many couples do show and some don't show pda in public.  Personally, I'm all for hugging, holding hands and pecking on the lips/cheeks.

I'm totally okay with that, I think it's nice.

What about groping your partner?

Naw, that's a little much for me (depending on the definition of "groping", I guess).

Do you feel offended if you saw a couple smooching, tongueing and obviously "making" out?  Have they gone too far?  Should that be kept strictly in the bedroom?  Your thoughts?

Well...for me, there's "kissing" and then there's [span style="color: rgb(255, 255, 0); background-color: rgb(17, 17, 17);"]K*I*S*S*I*N*G[/span], as long as it's not really overdone I don't have a problem with it. But that's just me, I know some people are really sensitive to it. I was giving my sweetie kisses in public until she told me that they just don't do that much in public there (in Cambodia). Doh, I was too dumb to know until she told me. But actually I think she kinda liked it, lol.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

hmm nothing really bothers me if couples do it descretly.
Although I'm not really personally a fan, mainly because it hits me that I don't have a g/f. oh well.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I was giving my sweetie kisses in public until she told me that they just don't do that much in public there (in Cambodia). Doh, I was too dumb to know until she told me. But actually I think she kinda liked it, lol.

Awww...that is verrrrry cute and sweet.  I bet that all the other girls are jeolous!  ;)

purelife

I don't see many of the older asian couples holding hands in public.  So, when I do, I smile at them because it's the sweetest thing.  I know that most asians don't hold hands in public.  I've never seen my parents holding hands.  

It's so sweet to see older couples still holding hands and hugging in public.  I wish that I saw it more often nowadays.  

Sportsdude

holding hands is PDA? I thought that, thats just normal? hmmm  

TehBorken

purelife wrote:
Awww...that is verrrrry cute and sweet.  I bet that all the other girls are jeolous!  ;)

Yeah, they're sooooooooo jealous it's almost funny. The other women where she works would get all excited when I'd just hold her hand or pull her close to me, and they'd go into absolute gyrations when I'd kiss her in front of them, giggling and chattering and carrying on like mad. I usually give her a quick call at the start of her day and I can hear them all in the background making kissing noises and laughing, lol.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Holding hands....arms around each other, sweet kisses all OK in my books.  Groping and *K*I*S*S*I*N*G  are better done in private.  I'm not sure I would say it's offensive to me, I just feel uncomfortable.....like I'm peeping through a key-hole or something.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Awwww..that is verrrry sweet, TB.  Bless you. ;)

Girls are always giddy about affection.  They're envious of her, for sure.

Russ

PDA?? = personal data assistant? Im actually thinking of getting one of those thats a combo phone and organizer.

Anyhoo, Groping to me is hand up or down under the clothing. Not for public, unless you are in mexico or cuba. Kissings fine, as long as you arent digging for china in there.

Holding hands is fine.. Im subjected to it.

Other than that.. who cares? These things happen.. and really, IS IT AFFECTING YOU? People in general get into other peoples business far too much
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I agree with people getting into other people's business.  People are nosey parkers.  They've got nothing better to do than stare at the couple and watch them immensely.  Some of them look at you with disgust for whatever reason (either race or how the person looks, etc).  It takes more effort to make a frown than smiling.  Frowning just causes more wrinkles.  

Sportsdude

purelife wrote:
[em]that I don't have a g/f. oh well.[/em]

Yes, SD.  I think that you've made if VERY clear that you don't have a g/f nor will you ever think there would be a chance in hell that you'll ever meet one.  Anyways, you're still young.

haha you know I'm just being sarcastic.  

Lise

Holding hands are OK, in fact, I always thought it so sweet whenever I see an old couple (my parents excluded - it's just too icky) holding hands. Kissing and a quick peck on the lips is fine.

Groping, inserting tongue inside, all that heavy stuff should be saved in the bedroom for crying out loud. Have some decency. I know there are couples who love to flaunt their love and don't give a fig about what the world thinks but really, we don't want to see you guys get on with one another. It's gross and turns one's stomach.

Then again.... I've been guilty of..... *cough cough* .... in the past anyways. Ah, to be young and frisky again.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

I think if people want to be frisky in public, thats what the bushes are for in the park. lol  

purelife

Sportsdude wrote:
purelife wrote:
 that I don't have a g/f. oh well.

[/DIV]Yes, SD.  I think that you've made if VERY clear that you don't have a g/f nor will you ever think there would be a chance in hell that you'll ever meet one.  Anyways, you're still young.

haha you know I'm just being sarcastic.  

LOL, SD.  Do I really?  ;)