Ignorance Marches On

Started by TehBorken, Mar 05 06 07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Wired is running an article featuring Katherine Albrecht who, with her new book 'The Spychips Threat: Why Christians Should Resist RFID and Electronic Surveillance', is warning that [a href="http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70308-0.html?tw=rss.index"]RFID tags may in fact be the "mark of the beast"[/a].

Among her arguments are that in a futuristic world anyone who wishes to buy and sell goods would be compelled "to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads," as is foretold in the book Revelation.

Whackos come out of the woodwork all the time, bleating about nearly every new technology such as electricty, the printing press, bar-codes, etc etc etc. Don't they get tired of looking like utter idiots?

Next on Geraldo! "66666" - Is It The Zip Code of The Beast?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

weird al

"Give them a light, and they'll follow it anywhere."

-pastor Rod Flash

Future Canadian

Nice one wierd al. New membership and a Firesign Theatre quote. Awesome.
"I'm high all right. But not on false drugs. I'm high on the real thing: powerful gasoline, a clean windsheild, and a shoe shine...over"
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

Those RIFD tags can be easy to be afraid of though. That gal was just on our local Air America show. It sounds insidious but I'm not sure they are for evil purposes. Having had to do inventory related work before, it sure would be easy to take an inventory by standing near what you wanted to count and downloading it to your PDA.
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

weird al

Firesign quotes...godamighty I'm full of 'em! But I'm going to let them go...