Am I in BIG trouble?

Started by greycat, Mar 05 06 12:15

Previous topic - Next topic

greycat

I just moved here from Alberta and have not changed my insurance to ICBC yet...today i was rear ended in an accident. SO, now that i need new insurance here, i suppose my rate is going to go through the roof because of some ASS hitting me from behind...anyone have any real advice? I have been driving for over 20 years, no accidents...until the first month i move to BC of course. OF COURSE! I am so choked.  :'(
It is what it is.

TehBorken

Errrrr.....It's been my experience that insurance companies don't have much mercy or forgiveness, so I would expect the worst. If they can find a way to make you pay, they will.

A woman here in Seattle was breaking up with her boyfriend. The boyfriend went bonkers and rammed his car into hers, crippling her permanently. She was self-employed and now she can't walk so she can't make a living.

The insurance company told her that they wouldn't pay her anything. They claimed the car accident wasn't really a car accident- they said she was  "the victim of a crime" and so they owed her nothing. Tra-la-la! Cute, huh?

The insurance commisioner here stepped in and made the insurance company pay up, but that's just one example of how they'll try to weasel out of paying for anything if they can.

Just remember: Insurance companies are NOT in the business of paying claims. That's not what they're all about. Their entire business model revolves around the principle of not paying claims.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

Next time, take PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

greycat.....I'm not 100% sure, but I think if you were rear-ended, it should have nothing to do with YOUR insurance, and everything to do with HIS.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.