Favorite Childhood Games

Started by Lise, Jan 25 07 09:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following games did you use to play when you were a kid? (Choose as many as you like)

Hopscotch
2 (25%)
Hide and Seek
5 (62.5%)
Tag
5 (62.5%)
What's the Time Mr. Wolf?
3 (37.5%)
Simon Says
3 (37.5%)
Mother May I
3 (37.5%)
Dodgeball
3 (37.5%)
Skipping (rope)
3 (37.5%)
Red Rover
2 (25%)
Marbles
4 (50%)
Red light, green light
1 (12.5%)
Duck Duck Goose
1 (12.5%)
Follow the Leader
3 (37.5%)
Four square
1 (12.5%)
Blind Man's Bluff
2 (25%)
I spy
4 (50%)
Musical chairs
4 (50%)
Silent ball
0 (0%)
Two balls and a wall
0 (0%)
Queenie, Queenie, who's got the ball?
1 (12.5%)
Sleeping lions
0 (0%)
Magic Fingers
0 (0%)
Not on List
3 (37.5%)
Doctor
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Lise

Phew. Tried to list as many as I can with the aid of Google. If there's a game that isn't here on the list, lemme know and I'll modify it.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

nothing beats hide and seek heck I still play it with the younger cousins.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Jeebus, I can say I know of/ played at least once half of those things on that list. Thats.. scary.

I wonder how many kids now can recognize or ever will play half of these games... :(

I think its too computer  and game orientated for the younger generation.[/DIV]
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I was surprised spin the bottle or truth or dare wasn't on the list.....  

Lise

Spin the bottle? Heaven forbade that it should be a childhood game!! I'm not letting this game near our kids.

Modify: Added Doctor to list.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

i dont know what half of those are.

how about adding 'doctor' to the list.  

Sportsdude

I knew kids playing the game around grade 3 or 4 and then of course when puberty it around middle school a third step was added, you get the idea.

Truth or dare? Never been to summer camp obviously.
Questioner: Truth or Dare
Person: Dare
Questioner: Throw a frog into the girls shower room or take all there clothes etc.  good times.

Oh gosh Doctor.......

P.C.

A few that are even OLDER than those, would be jacks and Chinese skip (purelife mentioned that earlier, and I'd forgotten all about it.....loved that)

Marbles and Tiddly Winks
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Why did we stop playing them?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

I dunno seems like doctor and magic fingers are ones us guys could still be playing. lol.

Spin the bottle and truth or dare is something that you would start playing in the early teens at parties and birthdays and such is it not? Or its something that we started then.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I still play hide n seek with these kids I know.  Hmm, for some reason, I'm always the seeker.  hee hee... I prefer not to hide anyways.  I can't fit under the bushes or climb trees like I used to. ;)  The funny thing is that when it comes time for me to find them, they yell "ok, you can come out now!"  LOL, I'll find them for sure! :D

I used to play chinese skipping rope, hopscotch, equipment tag, jacks, card games, marbles.....

TehBorken

I used to like "Spotlight" and "Spitball Alley". Sometimes we'd combine them.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Brit_Guy

I'm not to sure if you actually play this game in America or Canada, but When I was young I use to love playing British Bulldog... From the list I use to also love playing marbles. I phoned my mother up & put the same question to her and she explained that she used to love to play Hopscotch, lol, and that was way back in the late 1930s, just shows how old some of these games are.

[FONT color=#0000ff] [/U][/FONT][A href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Bulldogs_(game)"][FONT color=#0000ff]More about British Bulldog here[/U][/FONT][/A]

"I wonder how many kids now can recognize or ever will play half of these games... :( I think its too computer and game orientated for the younger generation."

Russ, sadly I agree with you... Children just don't spend enough time outside.

purelife

British Bulldog is FUN!

Brit_Guy

Sadly they have banned it in most schools the say its to violent.