Does Mikey really care? Don't think so...

Started by Moolah!, Jan 22 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Moolah!

The ferret should get on the phone just about now... [img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/laughing.gif"]  
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Lise

Dang! I hope the ferret has some good questions! Can you hear the sweat coming out of Mikey?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Meh. Too short interview. She should be grilling him some more.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

[table style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica; font-size: 10pt; color: midnightblue;" id="Table2" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="1" width="100%"][tbody][tr bgcolor="gainsboro"][td style="font-weight: bold;" align="left" valign="top"]mike[/td][td colspan="2"][img]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" alt="" title="" border="0" height="15" hspace="3" width="15"][font size="1"]Posted - 1/23/2007 5:22:12 PM[/font][hr noshade="noshade" size="1"] Heh back, sorry i didn't intend to slam the moderators... there was a time there after a bunch of Mods left and apparently all the racist stuff was falling through the cracks... the current mod team is KICK ASS... so yeah.  It is hard doing the interview when you hear yourself talking loud in your own ears (I had no idea I sounded like that)... plus this hot weather girl was distracting.  And yeah, was a bit caught off guard why Pryia started talking about ch inks.  Again... how Ironic is that... the media giving us a hard time for racism, then using racist slurs on the air.  Heh... hopefully by slam against the west ender came through ok lol

Thanks for listening ;)

cheers,
mike [/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Moolah!

Lise wrote:
 Meh. Too short interview. She should be grilling him some more.[/DIV]
 I agree. There should've been beads of sweat trickling down his temple, trembling voice, shaky hands, and soiled pants...

... to justify all the shit stain threads!  [img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/slaphappy.gif"]

Lise

Sh*t stain threads. ROTFL. Too right.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I missed it.  I thought it was on earlier.  Not sure if I really had an interest.....more a curiosity.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

It was quite interesting to hear the tremble and nervousness in his voice. I was surprised to hear that TourismVancouver actually contacted Mike and told him to remove all links from their website linking to theirs. They want nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with DV.

The funny thing is I feel DV can become great. It has some great people in it and though I miss the glory days when you could express  yourself without prosecution, it's still a gem abide a tarnished one.

The solution is there. Too bad it took bad publicity to make Mike see the light. Oh well, he had it coming. Afterall, how can you let your website run so bad and not claim responsibility?
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

What were some of the interviewers questions/comments?

Lise

From what I remember......

If DV is a reflection of a tourist website, why did it evolve to the way it is? How does the forum reflect the image of a tourist website?

There was a talk on a suicide by one of the posters that Mike said he and his team worked with the RCMP to help the individual. So he says it's a good thing.

She should have pressed him for more. I would have been merciless had I been in her shoes.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Ack. It's probably a good thing I wasn't in her shoes.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I remember a guy on there, who seemed pretty close to suicide.  I remember talking to him for days.  I think his handle was 'angry'.  I believe he actually met up with a gal on there who joined in the topic, and they seem to understand each other.  There was a time when it was good......but that was a long time ago.

I also remember  when it was under attack, and page after page was  being erased and I spent hours and hours bumping zero response posts for half the night, so they would be the stuff that was getting erased.  Ahhhhh....memories.

NOW, I find I feel like I'm in a foreign country when I go there.  (and I mean that in terms of not being able to follow a thread to save my soul).  It's like they're speaking a language I don't understand. Every once in a blue moon, there is something that sparks the desire to respond......until I remember that I can't.  And THAT too is annoying, when I see that crap posters are a better choice than someone who has never posted crap.  Go figure.  

Moolah!

Re - the interview: (They commented on this on DV also) that it was surprising to see a CBC reporter using the term "chink" on the air. And it wasn't just once...

P.C. wrote:
NOW, I find I feel like I'm in a foreign country when I go there.  (and I mean that in terms of not being able to follow a thread to save my soul).  It's like they're speaking a language I don't understand. Every once in a blue moon, there is something that sparks the desire to respond......until I remember that I can't.  And THAT too is annoying, when I see that crap posters are a better choice than someone who has never posted crap.  Go figure.

You might need to be a bit more verbal and assertive to be able to post again.

Don't look at it as a hassle. Don't deal with it on a day when you're fed up with everything, etc.

Wait for a day when you're feeling good about life. When you feel you have patience.

Then either contact one of the current mods on DV - privately or publicly, or get someone to post a public message on DV on your behalf, like I had to do yesterday.

Then say:

"Which one of you f*cktards banned my IP again?"  

P.C.

That's funny Raging Poodle.
 I much prefer the atmosphere here. It's only been recent that I actually even went over there to have a look.  Aside from the swill, there's still that ever present 'this vs that'.....even right now, all the threads on there bashing DS.......I don't get it.  If they think it's better there.....so what.  How does that bring on the need to criticize what a poster is saying HERE?  

Lise

I don't mind if they bash DS. We do it all the time to DV. I suspect those who bash DS usually come here to have a peek from time to time anyways and that means more traffic to this site.

Besides they're jealous. We're a strong community here, we defend each other. It's a shame DV can't experience the same thing.

And who's to say that Mike will follow DS format? I don't think he will and I certainly hope he won't because DS has a personality of its own that's unique.

Note that Mike say DV will phase in registration within 2 months. That'll be March or April. Let's see if he keeps his word. Doubtful as it is.

At any rate, the language and content on DV is what it is.... a cesspool of muck with no end in sight. It's like waddling through mud. Sometimes if you're lucky, you'll get a gem of a story but more times than not, you get crap for all your wandering.
Bill Cosby.

|