Does Mikey really care? Don't think so...

Started by Moolah!, Jan 22 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

TheAngel

oh no r they shutting it down?    

Moolah!

I was beta testing Raging Poodle!'s curses... Used DV as my test target.

Oops.

Looks like they're working well.

[img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/evilgrin0032.gif"]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

TheAngel

Maybe they're keeping it down until after the radio interview?

TheAngel

Thank God DV is working again!  BYE!  

HappyMedium

Gawd, I didn't my points words yet from the much disliked zed thread... :o(

Heya Raging Poodle, what's up...a curse you say...I think half the people on DV are cursed with anger and such..

HappyMedium

LOL...that was quick.. okay Bye... :o)  

Moolah!

Should be up shortly.

They probably took it down to fiddle with Snitz, again to give the appearance of doing something about all the crap that takes place there.

They might even switch on registration, just to test what will happen.

They already have at least 2 BB software under their disposal - Snitz as well as CZ's.

They do NOT need to contact a software firm and have a new BB software written and all that BS... that's just mikey fronting.

HappyMedium

How do you know all that, are you just kiddin around again? :o)  

Thread Cop

[table style="font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica; font-size: 10pt; color: midnightblue;" id="Table2" border="0" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="1" width="100%"][tbody][tr bgcolor="gainsboro"][td style="font-weight: bold;" align="left" valign="top"]mike[/td][td colspan="2"][img]http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" alt="" title="" border="0" height="15" hspace="3" width="15"][font size="1"]Posted - 1/22/2007 7:59:51 PM[/font][hr noshade="noshade" size="1"] no, no... and the quick fixes will just be a build off of the current site code base.  The new site is a much longer build-out that will give DV all the features of CZ including private member photo galleries, add people to friends list, private and instant video messaging, black books, forum categories, options login or anonymous posting, thats me in the photo, whosonline etc.  We'll phase everything in slowly based on member feedback... and WON'T force registration until we know it is accepted by the community. [/td][/tr][/tbody][/table]
Sounds like a yahoo messenger, but with a few extra options.

kingy

[TABLE id=Table2 style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=10 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=gainsboro] [TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold" vAlign=top align=left]mike [/TD] [TD colSpan=2][img title="" height=15 alt="" hspace=3 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0] [FONT size=1]Posted - 1/16/2007 9:06:13 PM[/FONT]  [HR noShade SIZE=1]  ... yes it is sad, but true...

[A href="http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130069937194" rel=nofollow][FONT color=#00008b]http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130069937194[/FONT][/A]

Anyone interested please let me know.

[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]  

he is also selling techvibes.com

mr pomegranate

that link is dead, did you save it?

kingy

oh, i didnt know he took it down. i guess he had no offers. he was asking something like $60,000 for it.

Moolah!

HappyMedium wrote:
How do you know all that, are you just kiddin around again? :o)  
   Most of the time what I say is just kidding around, but what I say in this thread is plain common sense.

I'm simply verbalizing what's already known and publicly available info.

Moolah!

Thread Cop wrote:
Have you noticed the filtering of swear words? Why would he do that, if he has no intention of implementing registration and all that good stuff.?

I posted this on DV... I believe it applies to your point above:

There're a myriad of ways to bypass a so called profanity filter.

As someone who's run CV and later CZ, one would think that mikey himself would know something on this matter...

But no, he pretends as if it's a brand new idea that can take care of all the ills of DV.

We all know DV is way beyond some childish profanity filter.

This is just another act. Going through the motions, pretending to do something... He's not really sincere about dealing with all the garbage here. He knows
d.amn well himself that some wetarded censorship software can not even be a Bandaid to the open sore that DV is...

So...

Brit_Guy

lol... what the hell is the point in censoring out the swearwords. I f they really want to clean up the forum then they can start by deleting all the anal, Asian & glory hole threads , Haha, that should take care of about one hundred pages, oh yeah delete all the spam at the same time.
I don't feel that the admin at dv should sensor people to that extent... If you don't like excessive swearing then don't look at the thread.

Some people who have been on Discovervancouver  for a few months should know what  threads/ nicknames to keep away from.

DV Admin have got do  away with this stupid censorship.... Hmm, do you think  the word "Bollocks" is allowed  on Discovervancouver? lol

|