Does Mikey really care? Don't think so...

Started by Moolah!, Jan 22 07 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Moolah!

I see that once again, Mikey has turned on the "care" act.

"Oh I care... What should we do about the racism on this forum? Contacted a software firm. We're going registered soon. 3 months max!" Blah blah blah...

And all the goofballs are responding to him, expressing their innermost thoughts and desires, thinking that what they say will a difference...

Had I not seen these charades being played out A FEW DOZEN times before, I would've thought this was sincere...

Same scenario, same discussions every friggin' time... People are just wasting their time and energy responding. I almost feel sick.

Switching that board to registered format takes under 40 seconds through the Admins' configuration panel. So if he had wanted, he would've done it loooooooong time ago.

We've heard all these stories before.

Don't be fooled by all the bullshit.

DV will try to retain its status quo for as long as it can, and it will remain the cesspool that it is until the Police, CRTC, and provincial Ministry of Tourism join resources and forcefully shut down the damn place. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_dead.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

[TABLE style="COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica; 10pt: " cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=whitesmoke] [TD align=middle][/TD] [TD][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135582"][FONT color=#0000ff]DV Forums: Take down?[/FONT][/A][FONT size=1]
[FONT color=#0000ff][img height=15 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][/FONT] [A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135582&whichpage=1"][FONT color=#00008b]1[/FONT][/A] [A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135582&whichpage=2"][FONT color=#0000ff]2[/FONT][/A][/FONT][/TD] [TD align=middle]mike [/TD] [TD align=middle]78[/TD] [TD align=middle]778[/TD] [TD noWrap align=middle]1/22/2007
4:06:59 PM[/TD][/TR] [TR bgColor=whitesmoke] [TD align=middle][/TD] [TD][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135588"][FONT color=#0000ff]DV on CBC Radio tomorrow 4:50pm[/FONT][/A][FONT size=1]
[FONT color=#0000ff][img height=15 src="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/icon_posticon.gif" width=15 border=0][/FONT] [A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135588&whichpage=1"][FONT color=#0000ff]1[/FONT][/A] [A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=135588&whichpage=2"][FONT color=#0000ff]2[/FONT][/A][/FONT][/TD] [TD align=middle]mike [/TD] [TD align=middle]70[/TD] [TD align=middle]791[/TD] [TD noWrap align=middle]1/22/2007
3:51:55 PM[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]  
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Thread Cop

Well, this time it's going to happen.  The forum is already in the news, if this continues(racism and all that crap) Mike has to go around courts, so I think there will be a change this time.  

Moolah!

TC, it's the same shit every time... you're just being taken in, bud.

He puts on the same act every single time there's negative publicity about the site.

It's always the same promises. There's no reason for it to be any different this time. Besides, it's a strategy that works:

The strategy is to appease the media, and public opinion by LOOKING LIKE (ie. PRETENDING) to be

a) concerned about the situation, and

b) doing something about it to change it for the better.

For those (and there aren't many of us) who've been around for as long as I have, it's an easy act to see.

But for the n00bs, it's a ploy that works.

He's neither concerned, nor about to do anything about this, other than write in a couple of threads and deliver false promises. [/DIV]

Thread Cop

Obviously, I wasn't around for a long time..but are you saying that this forum was in the media before??  

Moolah!

Thread Cop wrote:
Obviously, I wasn't around for a long time..but are you saying that this forum was in the media before??  
   MANY times.

At least twice a year, every friggin' year.

Usually in Spring and sometimes in Fall. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_tongue.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

Pretty much all local publications, including the Georgia Strait have written about DV.

Russ

Im curious as well Raging Poodle.

Were you there when the posts were first put up on DV? The mods deleted his threads, and he had to argue with em. Then they put em back up.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Thread Cop

Raging Poodle: Strange...............but based on his postings, he sound pretty serious.  I'm sure he's enjoying all the publicity; I never knew a forum admin would make it to the media.  

Moolah!

Russ wrote:
 Im curious as well Raging Poodle.

Were you there when the posts were first put up on DV? The mods deleted his threads, and he had to argue with em. Then they put em back up.   Are you referring to mikey's threads?

No I wasn't around. I took one quick look at them. The first thing I noticed was the HOUR he posted them - somewhere around 2:30 PM. That alone told me that he wasn't really serious about receiving reader input.

Anyone who's sincere would've created a thread on as serious a matter as shutting down DV, after dinner so that there'd be more people around, more of the regulars, to give better responses than all the unemployed trolls he attracted.

At least it made a funny read. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

Moolah!

Thread Cop wrote:
[SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"]Raging Poodle:[/SPAN] Strange...............but based on his postings, he sound pretty serious.  I'm sure he's enjoying all the publicity; I never knew a forum admin would make it to the media.  
   Of course all of this negative publicity is attracting even more hits (and by extention more trolls) to the site.

More hits leads to more commissions from ads...

So it's in his best interest to keep up the hype while maintaining the status quo. [/DIV]

Thread Cop

Master mind............LOL
Everything is explained, but for one more thing.....................Have you noticed the filtering of swear words? Why would he do that, if he has no intention of implementing registration and all that good stuff.?

Moolah!

Thread Cop wrote:
Master mind............LOL
Everything is explained, but for one more thing.....................Have you noticed the filtering of swear words? Why would he do that, if he has no intention of implementing registration and all that good stuff.?

That's part of the act. Remember he HAS TO look like he's doing something... so why not implement some lame filtering algorithm?

It's been shown time and time again that no amount of censorship software can get around human ingenuity. If someone wants to cuss, they will find a way of doing it, either by using an alternative spelling (who spells correctly on DV anyway?) or by some other creative method such as using graphics or imagery.

Instead of applauding this latest charade about straightening out DV, I would ask him: Where the hell were you until now?

What took him THIS long to implement the profanity filter?

See, he's not serious. This is just part of the show. So that he can talk about it during the interview to justify DV's continued existence.

Moolah!

It's also interesting to note that when people's threads get accidentally deleted by mods, or for that matter maliciously deleted by hackers, and then the original poster asks the admins for their recovery, NOTHING is done.

They ignore all requests. Pretend the person doesn't exist.

However if it's his own stupid thread, it's immediately revived back into circulation.

This leads me to believe that some of the phantom deletions, as well as the so called "hacker attacks" in the past may've been the work of admins, snickering in the background and getting their kicks from annoying and downright hurting others.

I'm not the first person to claim this BTW. Even as recently as yesterday or the day before, Orik was writing about it.

Macademe used to write about it also, but she had credibility issues LOL, so no one would believe her.

DV is truly a dysfunctional place.

Raor

I cannot log onto Dv.  the system is really slow for some reason, the page won't load :(  

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Moolah!

DV is down.

Does that mean trolls won? [img onclick=smile(this.src) src="http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/laughing.gif"]

|