Women And Men Can't Agree On Cheating

Started by Lise, Jan 19 07 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Sweet! We can't even agree on the topic of cheating.

[SPAN class=headline]Women And Men Can't Agree On Cheating[/SPAN]  [SPAN class=summary]NEW YORK (Wireless Flash) -- When it comes to cheating, men and women have very different ideas.

According to a survey by "Women's Health" and "Men's Health" magazines, 45 percent of men think talking to one's ex on a regular basis is cheating but only 27 percent of women agree with that definition.

That's not all: 45 percent of men say getting a massage from a friend of the opposite sex constitutes cheating but only 35 percent of women are touchy about that.

Men might be more particular about the definition of cheating but only 32 percent of men admit they've been cheated on compared to 45 percent of women.

However, 32 percent of ladies admit they've been the ones doing the cheating while only 16 percent of men confess to being a cheat.

Finally, 50 percent of men believe cheating has ruined at least one past relationship but only 27 percent of women will make that claim.
[/SPAN]

[SPAN class=summary][A href="http://www.davesdaily.com/interesting/women-men-cheating.htm"][FONT size=1]http://www.davesdaily.com/interesting/women-men-cheating.htm[/FONT][/A]

[/SPAN]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

what are your opinions Lise?

"45 percent of men think talking to one's ex on a regular basis is cheating "

not cheating

"45 percent of men say getting a massage from a friend of the opposite sex constitutes cheating"

not cheating      
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Sportsdude wrote:
what are your opinions Lise?

"45 percent of men think talking to one's ex on a regular basis is cheating "

not cheating

"45 percent of men say getting a massage from a friend of the opposite sex constitutes cheating"

not cheating

Not cheating to me. Why would that constitute cheating? As long as you don't work on it or go beyond the talking or massaging, it's not cheating. I might get a bit jealous but I'm not going to get my panties in a knot over it.    

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

men tend to become control freaks after they marry get married.  Its like you've known someone for years and everythings fine and fun but once they get that 'married' tag things somehow change.  Bizzare.  Every guy I knew whose gotten married to someone has done this.  Why?  

purelife

Cheating to me is when you kiss and had sex with the person.  Everything else is not cheating, in my books.

Here's another question.  Would you forgive your partner if you found out that he/she was cheating?

There was this one couple where the wife found out that her husband has been cheating on her for years.  She forgave him and they have worked things out together.  Now, they are self-help authors and educators of relationship issues.  Everyone is different, I suppose.  

Sportsdude

again define the word 'kiss'.  Like girls have cried in my arms before and they've been really distraught and they've had girl friends and I've kissed them on the forehead.  Is that cheating?  Or what about greeting someone I have started kissing people on the cheek when I started hanging out with my brazilian friend she does it all the time?

But yeah sex means cheating no way around it unless someone drugged you or something.

purelife

Kissing intimately on the lips, with tongue.  Period.  Pecks, quick kisses, hugs, whatever other than intimate ARE NOT considered cheating.

SD, you're single.  Why do you have to worry?  Did any one of those ladies whammed their tongue in yours?  NO?  Then, defintely not cheating.

My 2 cents.

Sportsdude

LOL!!!!

ohh like thats ever going to happen anyways.

I just know people who think that, that is cheating which is absurd.

purelife

Let me add.  Touching someone else intimately is cheating as well.  If a girl who was in a relationship, let a guy touch her in private spots (ass, boobs, etc) AND not say anything (ie, enjoying it) then that is cheating on your guy because she should have stopped it.  vice verca.

I go by the saying.  Look, but DO NOT touch.  Touch but be careful how you do it.  Of course, hugs are allowed. If your partner is jeolous of you hugging and kissing on cheeks, then, that's a whole different ball game.  Someone's got jeolousy and control issues.

P.C.

Sorry.....not buying this one.  From either side of the fence.  Getting a massage by the opposite sex is one thing.  Getting a massage from a FRIEND, of the opposite sex is a little on the edge for me.  When I say 'from either side of the fence' I mean that as much as I might (and I don't really know for sure) be uncomfortable if hubby had a massage from a 'she' old friend......I ALSO would never think it was OK to get a massage from an old guy friend.  Not working for me at all.

I believe there are more ways that constitute 'cheating' than the actual 'act' IMHO

edit : I guess I  made it sound like I DISAGREED with the men......to clarify, I somewhat agree.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

lol control issues for sure.  All the guys I know treat there girls like they own them its disgusting yet the girls just go along with it.

Then they wonder why they are miserable.

Russ

Its all in the eye of the beholder I supose.. and how much you have trust in your significant other.

I have been cheated on and took me years to get to the point where I trust someone of the opposite sex for more than, well sex.

I would not question my gf.. without the benefit of the doubt. And I do not have any reason to, nor do I believe I would ever.

I do not believe getting a massage from someone of the opposite sex to be cheating.. You always 'go home' with someone right? If someone else stays the night for whatever reason........
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

making out and sex thats pretty much the crossing line for me.

But then again I've never been a relationship so I wouldn't know.

P.C.

I do not believe getting a massage from someone of the opposite sex to be cheating..

I did a poor job expressing myself on this one.  I do not believe getting a massage from someone of the opposite sex to be cheating either.  It crosses some line though, when the member of the opposite sex is a friend. I still don't classify it as 'cheating', but poor judgement to say the least.

I trust my partner, and I know he trusts me....but I think trust has little to do with it.

Now if he were going to lunch with a friend of the opposite sex......no prob.  

I think it's about more than sex.  If my partner decided to spend 2 or 3 evenings a week with a friend of the opposite sex, to watch movies at her place, even if I were 100% sure there was nothing sexual going on....I would have some sense of being cheated.  Not cheated ON....but cheated.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.