Internet People

Started by Gopher, Jan 18 07 11:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever met someone you've got to know over the net?

Yes - good experience
5 (55.6%)
Yes - bad experience
0 (0%)
No
1 (11.1%)
Wouldn't dream of it
0 (0%)
Quite like the idea
3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Gopher

Yet another thing I've always wondered.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

you know 'hook ups' means you had sex with someone Gopher.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Gopher

Oh really? I was far too innocent to know this.

P.C.

Hmmmm.....so it has nothing to do with the cable guy.[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif" align=absMiddle]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

yup when you say you 'hooked up' with somebody you had had a 'one night stand with them'.  So if you here your son/daughter/nephew/niece say this that means they met somebody at a party most likely and well you get the idea.

teen lingo.

purelife

Ok, if you don't mean sex, Gopher, then, yes, I have hooked up with many people from DV and DS.  All of my experiences are very pleasant and everybody is normal-looking (ish) LOL.  Some of us still meet in person to this day and I keep in contact with a few handful.  

My brother met a girl from LavaLife and they are happily dating.  It has been over 6 months, I believe.    

Gopher

I did pretty well too.

Sportsdude

I've had a good time meeting people.  I hope the people think the same of me.

Lise

I've met with good ppl from DV but you gotta be careful though as it's not like before where you could 'trust' that person. I'm adamant that we can all hook up on of these days.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I would love to meet everyone who posts on DS one day as well.

ADD:  I agree with you Lise.  I wouldn't meet anybody now from DV unless Orca gave the okay as she is still modding and probably more involved with DV than we are.  You know Orca.  ;)  tee hee...  

Gopher

Same here! I wonder how many of us we would recognise for who they are if we all turned up in an anonymous crowd?  

Sportsdude

I think everyone on here is great.  

Sportsdude

Gopher wrote:
Same here! I wonder how many of us we would recognise for who they are if we all turned up in  an annonymous crowd?[/DIV]
 well I'd be easy to spot, just look up.

Gopher

Sportsdude wrote:
 I think everyone on here is great.   ...

[FONT color=#0000bf]Never was a truer word spoken![/FONT]

Sportsdude

Gopher wrote:
Sportsdude wrote:
I think everyone on here is great.

[FONT color=#0000bf]Never was a truer word spoken![/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf][/FONT]

[FONT color=#0000bf]_______________________________[/FONT]

No joke.  Whenever a group is with me I'm the designated person that if someone gets lost look for me in the crowd.