Overweight Labrador

Started by Brit_Guy, Jan 14 07 08:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Brit_Guy

[FONT size=6] Fat dog's owners on cruelty charge

[/FONT] Alan Hamilton

[FONT size=4] 11½ stone Labrador was unable to walk
Owners allegedly ignored vet's advice

[/FONT][FONT size=2][/FONT] Obesity has become such an issue of political incorrectness that two brothers appeared in court yesterday charged with allowing a dog to get too fat.

Rusty, a nine-year-old Labrador, may only have been doing what Labradors do, which is to eat everything in sight. But he ballooned to more than 11½ stone (161lb, 73kg), the ideal weight for a large-boned 6ft (1.82m) woman, but not a retriever, which should be chasing sticks and newly shot game.

[FONT size=2][/FONT] Rusty had trouble standing up, and after no more than five paces he had to sit down again, breathless. He looked, magistrates at Ely, Cambridgeshire, were told yesterday, more like a seal than a dog.

[FONT size=2]  

[/FONT][FONT color=#0000ff] [/U][/FONT][A href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2476938,00.html"][FONT color=#0000ff]More of the above story here.[/U][/FONT][/A]

Hmm...Are we being to kind? Are we killing our pets with kindness? Should animal welfare organizations take owners to court , just for over feeding there pet?

I say people should and must get Prosecuted.

[img style="WIDTH: 207px; HEIGHT: 157px" height=157 alt=Photobucket src="http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/Brit_Guy/FatLabrador.jpg" width=160 hosting="" image="" and="" video="" -=""]

This dog sure has problems./

[img alt=Photobucket src="http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h119/Brit_Guy/labrador_retriever.jpg" hosting="" image="" and="" video="" -=""]

This is what a healthy Labrador should look like/

P.C.

Awwww the poor guy.  That's got to be SO uncomfortable for him.  That's just not right.

the ideal weight for a large-boned 6ft (1.82m) woman

(I wonder how they came up with an ideal weight for a 6 ft. woman.)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Brit_Guy

I don't even know what the average weight  for a man is ... lol.
Have you ever notice that the media and scientist  always put an average or a percentage  to our every day lives.

P.C.

I'm just thinking there isn't exactly a LOT of women 6ft tall.  Wouldn't the comparison have made more sense to at least use something that might have more familiarity ?  Like maybe a 5ft 9in man ?  THAT I can readily visualize.

Anyways, I digress.

I'm amazed he's made it to 9 years old. Killing him with kindness? It's anything but kind to have this poor thing waddle through life exhausted. It's sad to mistreat an animal in this way.

Sportsdude

Oh there are women around who are 6ft and over.  My mom is 5'10-5'11 her cousin is 6ft.  My cousin she's 6ft.  And I've ran into a couple girls on a rowing team once who were my height. (no joke)  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Brit_Guy

I'm just wondering how the dog got this overweight in the first place.    

P.C.

I would imagine the word 'Walkies' isn't in the owners vocabulary.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c008.gif" border=0]

Brit_Guy

I've got quite a short family

I'm 5feet8inches (boohoo)
My second eldest sister 5feet.4 inches
And my eldest sister was 5feet 6inches

Sportsdude

Brit_Guy wrote:
  I'm just wondering how the dog got this overweight in the first place.  

big boned? lol

yeah probably due to inactivity.

Sportsdude

Brit_Guy wrote:
I've got quite a short family

I'm 5feet8inches (boohoo)
My second eldest sister 5feet.4 inches
And my eldest sister was 5feet 6inches

Well here's an odd family picture
My Grandpa was 5'8
My Grandma is 5'4 (but now is around 4'9ish she shrunk)

And I'm 6'8 go figure.

Brit_Guy

P.C. wrote:
I'm just thinking there isn't exactly a LOT of women 6ft tall.  Wouldn't the comparison have made more sense to at least use something that might have more familiarity ?  Like maybe a 5ft 9in man ?  THAT I can readily visualize.
Anyways, I digress.

[span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 0);"]I'm amazed he's made it to 9 years old.[/span] Killing him with kindness? It's anything but kind to have this poor thing waddle through life exhausted. It's sad to mistreat an animal in this way.

Pc, i fully agree... hate to think what his heart is like.
Sportsdude, i would love to be 5.10" or above.

Sportsdude

Really? I don't really wish being this tall, I haven't been able to really grow into my 6'8 frame in my head I'm still this skinny little dude and not this giant I am now.  I wasn't suppose to be this tall doc said I'd be 6'2, 6'3 not 6'8.  Really sucked in high school freshman year I was 5'8 and then the summer came and when I started school I was 50lbs heavier and I was 6'4.  Talk about adjusting.  Then apparently I never stopped growing after that.  

Lise

Wow. That's one overweight doggy indeed!! The owners should know better than to feed the poor dog everything in sight. That's killing with compassion.

I can kinda understand as I'm a dog owner. When they look at your with those cute forever-puppy eyes, you just kinda cave in. I've been known to smuggle some tidbits to my little guy despite knowing better.

But I don't feed him to that weight. That would be insane.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah Ozzie's been hooked on people food forever (I think it has to do with him being a stray at one point in his life) when people come over especially relatives they always give him people food.  I know why they do this because the dog constantly whines and whimpers but its not good for him he's got chronic back problems.  

P.C.

lol, Lise.  I think there's a big difference in sneaking Rover a little treat now and then, than letting him loose in the pantry on a daily basis.  The owner must be as pathetic as they come, as feeding an animal to this size would require doing NOTHING BUT feeding the dog ALL DAY.  

They need to get off their equally huge derriere and take the poor thing for a walk.  They'd have to start out a wee bit at a time at this point, but the dog can't possibly last much longer in that state.

[FONT face="Arial Black" size=4]Fat dog's owners on cruelty charge[/FONT]

Should read.....

[FONT face="Arial Black" size=4]Fat, dog owner.......[/FONT]