Ridiculous

Started by TehBorken, Jan 12 07 04:24

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[span id="article"][span id="intelliTXT"] [font color="#000000" face="Verdana,Sans-serif" size="2"]This is utter nonsense. Should a person really be prosecuted for something like this??? Exactly where does one "draw the line" if this is a law??
[/font][/span][/span][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][span id="article"][span id="intelliTXT"][font color="#000000" face="Verdana,Sans-serif" size="2"]
Teacher Arrested Under Peeping-Tom Law
[/font][font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"]
[a href="jvascript:eMail_Friend%28540,%20540%29;"][font face="Verdana,Sans-Serif" size="1"][/font][/a] [font size="1"]
[/font][font size="1"][span class="L8"][span class="oldL8"]Jan 11,  4:51 PM (ET)

[/span][/span][/font]By PAUL J. WEBER[/font][/span] [font face="Verdana,Sans-serif"][font color="black" size="2"][span id="article"][div class="KonaBody"][span id="intelliTXT"] DALLAS (AP) - A high school teacher was charged under Texas' peeping-tom law with videotaping girls' wrestling matches for his sexual enjoyment.[/p] Police said David Ware, 28, often zoomed in for close-up shots of the girls' crotches.[/p] The first-year speech and drama teacher planned to turn himself in to Grand Prairie police this week on charges of improper visual recording, which carries up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine.[/p] Ware shot about two hours of videotape at an all-day tournament Saturday but drew suspicion from a coach, Grand Prairie Sgt. John Brimmer said. A police officer reviewed Ware's tape.[/p] "This was more than accidental footage of the genital areas," Brimmer said. "It appeared to be a purposeful act of zooming in."[/p] Ware was charged under a 2001 law meant to protect people from ultra-small cameras that can be used to peek into dressing rooms or up women's skirts. Under the law, filming a person without consent for sexual arousal is a felony.
[/p][span style="color: rgb(0, 0, 191);"](It's a FELONY??? That's insane!!!)
[/span][/p][/span][/div][/span][/font][/font][/span]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I'm sure I'd be majorly creeped out if this guy was zooming in on MY daughters crotch.  A felony ?  I don't know, but certainly a guy you'd want to keep an eye on.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Ridiculous as it may sound, any guy who videotapes girls doing anything is creepy.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
Ridiculous as it may sound, any guy who videotapes girls doing anything is creepy.

Creepy, yes, no doubt. I agree 100%.  But should anyone who does this be prosecuted? I just can't see that as reasonable.

Lise

No, I guess not everyone. It's hard to say. When do you draw the line indeed? But something's gotta be done.

I'm just saying this because I'm scared of the idea of anyone videotapping my girls.....
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I'm sure I'd be [strong style="font-style: italic;"]majorly creeped out[/b] if this guy was zooming in on MY daughters crotch.  A felony ?  I don't know, but certainly a guy you'd want to keep an eye on.

I'd want to keep an eye on him too, but I can't see prosecuting anyone for this. Yeah it's disturbing, but so are a lot of things we see in public...extreme piercing, outrageous clothes or behavior, leering, etc etc....but prosecuting someone for tis just seems kind of crazy to me. If he was videoing my son's croth, yes, I'd be upset, but I wouldn't call for him to be prosecuted for it. That's just my take on it, though.

P.C.

I'm not a big fan of waiting for the BIG shoe to drop.....get him while he's dropping dirty socks.  This guy is a felony looking for a place to happen.  Has he REALLY committed a felony at this point though ?  It's a tough call.

Gopher

And then there's always the possibility that in taking the photographs he'll feel no need to commit a further (more conventional) felony. Yes, it's a hard call  and we simply don't know what's going on in the minds of others.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

That's a possiblility Gophie.

I'm thinking about TehBorkens original post, and I think it's hard not to respond emotionally.  After giving it some thought, I'm GETTING what Teh is saying.  It shouldn't be a felony to be a scumbag nor should it be a felony to have felonious thoughts.  (did I just make that word up ?)

Gopher

Never heard of Felonious Monk?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
It shouldn't be a felony to be a scumbag

Bingo. That's my feeling, because the next stop on the line is being charged and prosecuted  for having "bad thoughts" or being prosecuted for "intent", whatever that is. Nazis get to walk the streets and I hate it but I recognize their right to be worthless pieces of shit...this guy, sad to say, is no different.

nor should it be a felony to have felonious thoughts.  (did I just make that word up ?)
I agree, and I have felonious thoughts allllll the time....  

P.C.

It took a while, but I GET where you're coming from.  Like I say, sometimes it's hard to separate an emotional reaction from logic.  And I agree with the notion that it would be a frightening society to be under scrutiny for our thoughts although  I'm sure there are exceptions all over the place.

Russ

TehBorken wrote:
  P.C. wrote:[BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]It shouldn't be a felony to be a scumbag [/SPAN]

Bingo. That's my feeling, because the next stop on the line is being charged and prosecuted  for having "bad thoughts" or being prosecuted for "intent", whatever that is. Nazis get to walk the streets and I hate it but I recognize their right to be worthless pieces of shit...this guy, sad to say, is no different.

[SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]nor should it be a felony to have felonious thoughts.  (did I just make that word up ?)[/SPAN][/DIV]
I agree, and I have felonious thoughts allllll the time....  

Russ writing:

It would be like that movie where you are arrested and jailed for something you havent even commited yet, but you WILL commit in the future.

The ultimate police state.  Sorry, we were talking about the current state of which country?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kingy

ive been to kits beach in the summer and have seen guys video tape girls in bikini. i dont think that should be a felony.

P.C.

I don't think that IS kingy.  I think the difference is/was, that he is a teacher who is filming girls for no other reason than to focus on their nether regions.  And that's a BIG difference. Extremely inappropriate to say the least.....but as TB pointed out, shouldn't be a felony.

I think the best was to get some perspective on what this means, is to imagine these girls as your little sister or your daughter.  Puts a different spin on it.