Attorney General Gonzales' NSA spying testimony, translated

Started by LOL, Feb 07 06 07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

LOL

[h3]         Attorney General Gonzales' NSA spying testimony, translated        [/h3]        Snip from a humorous translation of Gonzales' humorless answers at the NSA Surveillance Hearings today:[blockquote][em]GONZALES: It's an early warning system designed for the 21st century. It is the modern equivalent to a scout team, sent ahead to do reconnaissance, or a series of radar outposts designed to detect enemy movements. And as with all wartime operations, speed, agility and secrecy are essential to its success.[/em]TRANSLATION: Remember the robot probe in The Empire Strikes Back? It's like that.[/p][em]GONZALES: While the president approved this program to respond to the new threats against us, he also imposed several important safeguards to protect the privacy and the civil liberties of all Americans. . . . As the president has said, if you're talking with Al Qaida, we want to know what you're saying.[/em][/p]TRANSLATION: If you've got nothing to hide, then there should be no problem with us listening to you. If you've got something to hide, then . . . well . . . we should listen to you.[/p][/blockquote]               [a href="http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/2006/02/a_translation_o.html"]Link to full article[/a]

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Yeah, that whole swearing in thing was rather...odd.[/DIV]Does it make a difference from a legal standpoint?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

well yeah. He wasn't held under oath which means he could have just lied up there and he wouldn't be held accountable.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

TRUTH

well yeah. He wasn't held under oath which means he could have just lied up there and he wouldn't be held accountable.

Yeah, like being under oath would stop him.... :)