No school today....

Started by TehBorken, Jan 11 07 06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

No school for my son today.....

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Future Canadian

Here's what passes for a snow day in Oregon (Canadians, I can hear your snickers from here). Just found out school is closed. I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for my boss to call and tell me not to come in (he'll close at the first sign of a stiff breeze) pleaseohpleaseohplease...
[img style="width: 633px; height: 419px;" src="http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f350/seanfleckenstein/IMG_9894.jpg"]

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Russ

<snicker>

lol

Dont worry FC, everything here in vancouver including the transit system shuts down at the first sign of trouble.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Hey TB!  That's a picture of your finished deck, isn't it?  KEWL!

P.C.

I got called off work today too.     [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c020.gif" border=0]   I think I've racked up 10 hours for this pay period.  Arggggg    

Just as well I suppose.......I'm just getting over the chicken pox.  (yes I'm a little old for that)
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

That's it? How come Burnaby gets way more snow??? ARGH!!!!

Hey TB, is the deck completed? Looks done to me.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lise

Hi PC. You have chicken pox? Oh dear. My symphaties. I had it when I was 18 years and believe me, it wasn't fun. My sisters who were younger than mua didn't even feel it but I was lethargic and weak for many, many days. Not to mention scabs everywhere!!

Well, at least it's almost over.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Chicken pox, PC?  Was it mild or serious?  Are you ok now?  

P.C.

I've had it about a dozen times.....and each time is less severe than the last.  The first few times I was DOWN for the count.  Now I just get the pox,  the fever/sweats/shivers, for a few days, then a few more days to get some energy back.

Lise

You're one of the unlucky ones as some get 'immuned' to this disease. I mean, it's still there in the system but it doesn't flare out unless you have a somewhat compromised immune system.

That's something I'll find out once the kids contract this disease from school. Yikes!
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Doc explained to me that if you have it as a child, you are blessed with immunity, but if you don't get it until you are an adult, the virus lives in your marrow, and when you are exposed to it......you get it.

purelife

Did any kids visit you so that they can catch it from you?

I remember that parents took their kids to the kid who had chicken pox so that their kids could catch it.

Lise

The virus still lurks in the ganglion (or however you spell it) system, if I can remember from my textbooks. I didn't know if you got it as an adult, you're liable to worst attacks though. No fun!

We had Lise Jr. (both) vaccinated against this disease. They're offering it when they go through their annual shots.    
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I HAVE been REALLY sick from it before Lise.....not too bad this time.

That's funny purelife......I actually have had friends bring their kids over intentionally exposing them to it.

Russ

Thats how I got it, my parents took me and my brother over to a kid in the neighborhood that had it. My mother the nurse, sheesh.

That being said, Ive had it twice. The first when I was like 10 was terrible, the next a few years later was fine. I havent had it since but I have been exposed to it since then.

I never knew that people could get it repeatedly in a way like you PC,, Im sorry to hear that. <mother like voice> Now remember plenty of fluids and rest <mother like voice>. Do you still get the welts that scar if you pop em? Or just the flu?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims