RIP, Lily Munster

Started by TehBorken, Jan 10 07 02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[h3]RIP, Lily Munster
[/h3]
  [blockquote]Yvonne De Carlo, the beautiful star who Lily Munster on TV's "The Munsters," has died. She was 84. De Carlo died of natural causes Monday at the Motion Picture & Television facility in suburban Los Angeles, longtime friend and television producer Kevin Burns said Wednesday.
[/blockquote]  [a href="http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/01/10/obit.decarlo.ap/index.html"]Link[/a]

I have to admit, I always liked her best. She was droll, witty, and alluring.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Lise

I remember her in the old Munsters series. So sad. She was a hoot.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Awwww.....sad.   She was a lovely lady.  My childhood friends' mom was good friends with Miss DeCarlo.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kingy

it is amazing that she starred in big time movies and plays, yet she is most remembered as lily munster which ran for only two seasons. i believe she was born in vancouver as well.

P.C.

She was indeed, kingy.  

Russ

I agree kingy.. I only knew her as lily munster.. not from any of the other movies now that you mention it and I think about it.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Did it really only run for two seasons? Seems an incredibly short time for it to have made such an impression on everyone!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

You have to remember Gophie, that 2 seasons back then was different.  It was a time when there were only 12 channels.  The chances that every single solitary person in your class at school was watching the same thing you were....on the same channel, at the same time... were probably somewhere around 98%.

Gopher

Only 12 channels? I can remember when there were only 3. I also remember the first television arriving in the village where I lived - 'everyone' made a point of visiting that house as often as possible.

kingy

remember the time when you had to get up to change the channel!?!?

P.C.

Unheard of at our house.  We girls weren't aloud to touch such technical stuff.  

Russ

kingy wrote:
 remember the time when you had to get up to change the channel!?!?[/DIV]
 We used a long stick. It was  big thing when we got a remote!! Although it had a wire attached to it. It got broken when SOMEONE, not mentioning any names dad, ran over it with the vacuum and destroyed it.

P.C.

I'm sure not mentioning any names, dad, wept quietly.......alone.....after everyone went to bed.  

Russ

LOL, the best was when he tried to repair it. The wires are SO damn blasted small, and he has always had problems with super small things.. so he connected the wrong wires togehter. So for example you would turn on the tv and try to change the channel, the tv would turn off. Push it agan and the tv would turn on, change the channel the other way and say the volume would go up LOL. It was pretty funny. He eventually got it right though.

Gopher

kingy wrote:
 remember the time when you had to get up to change the channel!?!?

Yes, it was less than six months ago!