What is your favourite smell?

Started by kitten, Mar 03 06 06:36

Previous topic - Next topic

kitten

One of my favourites would be the smell of stew simmering on the stove on a cold day.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Witch

Frankincense and basilica. Not the cheap incense on sticks, but the raw resin burned on charcoal

TehBorken

Freshly ground coffee. MmmMMMmm. Sometime whe I open a new can I practically stick my head down in it and inhale the aroma. It's better than the drink itself.

Next on Geraldo: Coffee Sniffers- Are They A Terrorist Threat? Should Homeland Security Be Tracking These People?
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

What happened to page 1 ???  There were some good smells on that page.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
What happened to page 1 ???  There were some good smells on that page.
Weird. I don't know.

P.C.

ROFL.......never mind.  Apparently I got my nose and my ears mixed up. [/DIV] I was confusing the 'Favourite Sounds Thread', which if I remember correctly was talking about the smell of coffee.[/DIV](heeheeeeeee)

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]ROFL.......never mind.  Apparently I got my nose and my ears mixed up. [/div][div style="font-style: italic;"] I was confusing the 'Favourite Sounds Thread', which if I remember correctly was talking about the smell of coffee.[/div](heeheeeeeee)

Damn, you had me worried there for a moment.
[/div][div]

P.C.

Coffee's up there for me too....but if you brew that coffee with a campfire going and some bacon frying up on the griddle, it's just a delicious smell.

Bread baking in the oven.....any baking for that matter, but there's something simple, basic and wholesome  about the smell of fresh bread.[/DIV]I love the smell of fresh cut grass[/DIV]Shoe polish (I know, it's a little wierd)  

CK

COFFEE, everyday! All day!!

P.C.

Sorry TehBorken.....I seem to be a little foggy this morning [img style="BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px" src="http://ghettobaby.net/Emoticons/EmoteBoard7/idea.gif"]I'll  start thinking better as soon as I get my second cup of coffee.

kitten

Of course COFFEE!  I was drinking my second as I wrote that.  I guess the idea was something besides coffee.  I don't express myself that well in the early morning.  

purelife

I like the smell of wood burning.[/DIV]The evergreen trees.[/DIV]Good food cooking and baking.

kitten

Fresh towels and linens, especially if they have been dried outdoors in a nice breeze.

Legion

The smell of spring after a long cold Manitoba winter.
curses!

Yuki

I love the smell of my hair after I dye it.^^[/DIV]I love my strawberry perfume too.^^