Bag Omlettes

Started by TehBorken, Jan 08 07 08:13

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

This works great! Good for when all your family is together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet.[/p] [ol][li]Have everyone write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.[/li][li]Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.[/li][li]Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.[/li][li]Each person adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.[/li][li]Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.[/li][li]Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.[/li][li]You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.[/li][li]Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.[/li][/ol]

[span style="font-family: monospace;"]
[/span]        
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

I second this works as well, and really well...

Ive been doing this when camping or lazy for over a year now.

Alot easier then using a frying pan, and no worries of burning or having hard spots.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Oh wow! What an amazing way to make omelets without oil.  That's awesome.  Very interesting.  I have never seen that technique before.  I'm going to have to try it this weekend now.

Thanks for posting that TB!    

kingy

does it taste as good as pan fried?

digital

Please don't steal images/bandwidth from other folks.

Wahh. "Steal" is such a harsh word, but I can't quibble.

A thousand pardons. Okay, the images are loaded locally now.

Lise

What a novel idea, TB! Have you tried patenting that? *giggle*

Try again, digital.... all I see is a red X.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

No from the 'Wah' on is TB editing his post Lise. He had a bit of a speal with a link to his site. I went there and tried leaving a friendly retort but obviously it wasnt accepted.

Kingy, its more of a soft moist taste. I tend to put butter in my bag as well to give it moreso that taste. Its more consistent throughout as well. Its super super easy and no big messy frying pan and implements.

Lise

OIC. Gotcha, Russ.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

digital

Eh? I saw no retort to accept or not accept. I appreciate changing the images to loading locally. I would have prefered you kept the link to my site, but beggers can't be choosers as they say? If you have a friendly retort, try again. I'd be glad to have whatever comments you might have. Friendly that is. Not looking for a flame war.

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

;)

Russ wrote:
No from the 'Wah' on is TB editing his post Lise. He had a bit of a speal with a link to his site. I went there and tried leaving a friendly retort but obviously it wasnt accepted.

Kingy, its more of a soft moist taste. I tend to put butter in my bag as well to give it moreso that taste. Its more consistent throughout as well. Its super super easy and no big messy frying pan and implements.

Russ

digital wrote:
Eh? I saw no retort to accept or not accept. I appreciate changing the images to loading locally. I would have prefered you kept the link to my site, but beggers can't be choosers as they say? If you have a friendly retort, try again. I'd be glad to have whatever comments you might have. Friendly that is. Not looking for a flame war.

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you are still retarded.

;)

LOL, I like your train of thought. The arguing on the internet saying is one of my favorite sayings cause its so true. Um, it was a friendly retort.  And I would try again, but I dont remember your web address, could you post it again?

Im not the admin, but I normally put the addy in from where I got my post info. Everyones different... Maybe you came across wrong or got them on a bad day?

Welcome to DS anyhow.. sign up! Join the disorder.

digital

A bit of a spiel? Eh ... was just requesting that folks not link to images that I am serving without a link to the site itself. (http://www.blackroses.com/wordpress) ... No big deal really.

My first inclination was to replace the images at that URL with something interesting. Maybe one of the images from the pool at http://www.prettypony.org or the like. Either way, it is what it is ... you all be good now, I'll try to do the same. ;)

Russ wrote:
digital wrote:
[em]Eh? I saw no retort to accept or not accept. I appreciate changing the images to loading locally. I would have prefered you kept the link to my site, but beggers can't be choosers as they say? If you have a friendly retort, try again. I'd be glad to have whatever comments you might have. Friendly that is. Not looking for a flame war.

;)[/em]

[/div] LOL, I like your train of thought. The arguing on the internet saying is one of my favorite sayings cause its so true. Um, it was a friendly retort.  And I would try again, but I dont remember your web address, could you post it again?[/p] Im not the admin, but I normally put the addy in from where I got my post info. Everyones different... Maybe you came across wrong or got them on a bad day?[/p] Welcome to DS anyhow.. sign up! Join the disorder.[/p]

[/p] [div]

TehBorken

digital wrote:
A bit of a spiel? Eh ... was just requesting that folks not link to images that I am serving without a link to the site itself.

Put this  in an .htaccess file in your root and you'll never have this problem again:

[span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteEngine on[/span][br style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteCond %(HTTP_REFERER) !^$[/span][br style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteCond %(HTTP_REFERER) !^http://(www.)?yourdomain.com(/)?.*$ [NC][/span][br style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteRule .*.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$ [F,NC][/span]

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

digital

I've used the ModRewrite bits in the past with varing degrees of success. Due entirely to me linking to my own files from other domains. I do apprecaite the tip though.

TehBorken wrote:
  digital wrote:
A bit of a spiel? Eh ... was just requesting that folks not link to images that I am serving without a link to the site itself.

Put this  in an .htaccess file in your root and you'll never have this problem again:

[span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteEngine on[/span][br style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteCond %(HTTP_REFERER) !^$[/span][br style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteCond %(HTTP_REFERER) !^http://(www.)?yourdomain.com(/)?.*$ [NC][/span][br style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"][span style="font-family: Courier New; font-weight: bold;"]RewriteRule .*.(gif|jpe?g|png|bmp)$ [F,NC][/span]