What do you guys from Seattle think about our Real Estate Prices?

Started by Overrated Vancouver, Jan 05 07 05:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Overrated Vancouver

Really curious what your thoughts are from our American neighbours about B.C.'s incredibly overinflated Real Estate prices.  Average price of a detached Vancouver house is 713G.  And you still have to put some money into it!  That is not brand new nor is it a mansion.  Some thoughts please.      

TehBorken

Overrated Vancouver wrote:
Really curious what your thoughts are from our American neighbours about B.C.'s incredibly overinflated Real Estate prices.  Average price of a detached Vancouver house is 713G.

It's just as insane here, frankly. House prices have gone up to practically unreal levels. My (12 year old) home has more than doubled in price and most of that has happened in just the last few years. It's crazy. I'm tempted to sell, but then I'd just have to buy something else and it would be overpriced as well. I'd have to leave the area or move out into the boonies in order for it to make any financial sense. After 12 years my house payment seems very low, you'd pay as much or more for a modest apartment for what my house payment costs me. It's nuts.

The Canadian dollar is about 85 cents to the American dollar so a 713G house up there would be about 606G down here...still pretty damn spendy.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.