Snow Snow Snow

Started by Russ, Jan 05 07 08:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Well as Im sure you all know theres snow today!

So be assured theres idiots on the road already, not that there ever isnt. I had some great experiences already...

Everybody going in to work or taking the excuse to stay at home? Anybody have any good stories?  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

I can't think of any stories relating to snow.  I'm still at work.  :(

*still thinking*

Lise

Yikes! Yep, snow out there. Crap!! I HATE SNOW. We're crippled once more. Que sera sera.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

CK

Whistler must be having an amazing year!? Wish I was there instead of sitting in front of this bloody computer right now.

Crazy winter, Vancouver has had way more snow than Calgary!

kitten

Snow!  GRRRR!!  It was nasty out there early this morning, and not much better now.  And the idiots are still coming in off the Barnet Hwy. like they're driving the Indy.  I just can't figure them.  They are driving an expensive hunk of machinery around, and they seem to be intent on wrecking it as well as anything else around them.  I had the usual problems with the driveway, but I made it to work.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

CK

I know you all will probably throw a rock through my window for loving snow (mind you, snow in the Lower Mainland sucks, drivers are idiots, and it is usually a heavy wet snow)...but....

[FONT color=#336699 size=4]Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

It doesn't show signs of Pauseping,
And I've bought some corn for popping,
The lights are turned way down low,

When we finally kiss goodnight,
How I'll hate going out in the storm!
But if you'll really hold me tight,
All the way home I'll be warm.

The fire is slowly dying,
And, my dear, we're still good-bying,
But as long as you love me so,
[/FONT][FONT face="Times New Roman"][FONT size=4][FONT color=#336699] [/FONT]
[/FONT][/FONT]  

kitten

That song popped into my head when I first looked out the window this morning, CK.  I still wish it would go away quickly, preferably before I go back to work at lunch time.

Gopher

I take it you mean the song?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

kitten

No, Gopher, I don't mean the song, although it would be nice to get it out of my head.  I mean that nasty white stuff that's trying to ruin my day.

Gopher

Oh I love it. But songs that 'get in your head', aren't they strange? You can go for weeks trying to get rid of them, but they keep coming back for a replay at all sorts of unexpected moments.

kitten

They seem to stick longest at night when you want to sleep, but the radio in your head won't turn off.

Gopher

Yes, that's right - I've had one which has been 'lingering' for umpteen years - it had a surprise repeat earlier this morning.

kitten

Which one?

*reinforcing said song firmly in your head*

Gopher

Well, not so much a song as the entire overture to The Meistersingers of Nuernbeg.

kitten

Catchy little tune, isn't it?