Big Brother IS listening, even with the phone off

Started by TehBorken, Dec 30 06 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Surprise! The government can listen to everything you say, even when your cell phone is turned off:

A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a "roving bug." Experts say the only way to defeat it is to remove the cell phone battery.

"The FBI can access cell phones and modify them remotely without ever having to physically handle them," James Atkinson, a counterintelligence security consultant, told ABC News. "Any recently manufactured cell phone has a built-in tracking device, which can allow eavesdroppers to pinpoint someone's location to within just a few feet," he added.

[p style="font-style: italic;"][a href="http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/12/can_you_hear_me.html"]Link[/a][/p]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Russ

Hm, I remember something about being able to be tracked.. but this is more interesting. I wonder the science behind this..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Heaven only knows, but it's really sinister - I wonder for what purpose this new intrusion was originally invented.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

uh gopher, this is the fbi, to SPY on people?

But you are right, I wonder what they were trying for when they came up with this. Was this purposely built into phones?

Gopher

They're probably reading our wonderings even now - here's another one: I wonder why they don't give us a reply?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Russ

lol, well then we would know for certain. this way we think about it and dont do anything else?

Orik

i knew about the ability to track via the gps unit in the phone even when turned off...

but the abilitie to eaves drop on private afairs... damn, and the newest conspiracy theory is born...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

kingy

so why cant they find bin laden?? or anyone else that goes missing?