Especially sad to me

Started by TehBorken, Dec 30 06 07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[span style="font-weight: normal;"]Especially sad to me, as my fiance is Cambodian. [/span]
[p style="font-weight: bold;"] Photos from Pol Pot's Secret Prison.[/p]From the website:[/p] [blockquote][em]The 114 photographs on this site are from Pol Pot's secret prison, codenamed "S-21" during his genocidal rule (1975-79). Between 1-2 million Cambodians (and many thousands of foreigners) were starved to death, were tortured, or killed, during his brutal reign of terror.[/em][/p][em]
[/em][/p] [em]When the Vietnamese invaded in 1979 the S-21 prison staff fled, leaving thousands of written and photographic records. Altogether more than 6,000 photographs were left; the majority have been lost or destroyed. [/em][/p] [/blockquote] [a href="http://www.tuolsleng.com/"]Link[/a]    
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

kitten

Mankind is capable of infinite cruelties.  These things are so very sad.  I don't think I'll ever understand why they can and do occur.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

kingy

if you havent already, watch the movie 'the killing fields'. what a great movie that was about the war in cambodia.