Purses

Started by TehBorken, Oct 11 11 07:22

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

My loveable but completely insane wife has been saving up for a Luis Vuitton purse. It was $700 (!!!) and she brought it home all excited and glowing. We're storing it in the safe downstairs.

I  gotta tell you, the box my heart transplant came in wasn't as nice as  the box this purse came in. It cost more than my first car, no lie. It  even comes with a soft velvet wrap to store the purse in when you aren't  using it. (lol)

This is not the typical kind of thing my wife buys, she's usually very very very very  thrifty and doesn't go for "fashion stuff", but this purse was  apparently invading her dreams and wooing her and making her all hot and  sweaty so she succumbed to its siren call. Sometimes we can hear it  rustling softly in its box inside the safe, wanting to be let out. I'm  afraid to leave the house with it for fear of being robbed. 

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

How long did it take for her to save up?!  She definitely has a goal and goes after it...good for her!  

I don't think I've ever felt that passionate about wanting a purse, outfit, shoes or other girly stuff that bad, ever.

I would be worried about carrying a real LV purse around but nowadays, there are knockoffs, so she could always lie to others so that it doesn't get stolen.  :)

TehBorken

purelife wrote:
How long did it take for her to save up?!

A month or so.

I don't think I've ever felt that passionate about wanting a purse, outfit, shoes or other girly stuff that bad, ever.

Me neither. I have an old Gucci purse and I'm fine with it.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Natasha

Quote from: purelife on Oct 11 11 09:32
How long did it take for her to save up?!  She definitely has a goal and goes after it...good for her! 

I would be worried about carrying a real LV purse around but nowadays, there are knockoffs, so she could always lie to others so that it doesn't get stolen.  :)
That's kind of defeating the purpose.
I love good purses. They're my splurge item. I usually buy Coach and TH. They're really nice and not as costly as LV.