What stood out for you: 2006

Started by Lise, Dec 24 06 05:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

What's the one thing that stood out for you in the year 2006?

Mine's easy. The birth of my daughter.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

The weather in November and December.  Rotten!

And registering with DS.  Great move!  The best forum EVAR!!
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
What's the one thing that stood out for you in the year 2006?

Meeting my [a href="http://discoverseattle.net/cambodia/"]sweetheart[/a].

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

purelife

My engagement.  My promotion.  My Company Bonus.   (not in these orders)  

ADD:  And registering on DS!  Without DS, I wouldn't have met such wonderful people and belong to such a nice neighborhood.  

purelife

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Mine's easy. The birth of my daughter.[/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]And bless you for such a beautiful daughter.  She's an absolutely sweetheart.  She's filled with aweeeeeee.......    

Russ

Meeting my gf again and becoming a couple.

Meeting all the welcoming people here on DS, as long as there arent major changes or upheavals here, Ill be sticking around for a long time.

The opportunity which I took to go back to school to upgrade my lisence.

Remembering theres goats on the roof at coombs.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Orik

purelife wrote:
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Mine's easy. The birth of my daughter.[/span]
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]And bless you for such a beautiful daughter.  She's an absolutely sweetheart.  She's filled with aweeeeeee.......    

well it's true purelife lise's daughter is filled with something... sniff sniff what's that smell... ewwwwww i think she needs to be changed lise...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I don't know if this sums up 2006, but the last week has been heaven to me.  Old friends dropping in.  Some friends that we had lost touch with, coming by.  Being included with friends doing Christmas things with THEIR families. I may glow over this well into March.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

Registering with DS and coming into contact with so many extremely congenial people; my more than ever realisation that I am a country boy at heart and find cities more and more inhospitable; my utter despair with the current state of international politics; my convincement that it is only the unsung things in life which have any real importance and relevance to our condition.    
A fool's paradise is better than none.