same ip?

Started by Ally, Dec 21 06 12:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Ally

sometimes when I go to post something when I haven't even posted in over an hour it won't let me post saying that the last post from my ip was less than 12 seconds ago.

does that mean that one of my neighbours is posting?

someone live in north seattle?
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

kingy

someone stealing your wireless?

Ally

I'm not sure.  

It just happened again though.

WHO LIVES IN NORTH SEATTLE?  OR MORE SPECIFICALLY ANYONE LIVE IN A NEW HOUSING DEVELOPMENT OF ABOUT OH... 10 HOUSES SORT OF SET IN?  IF YOU LIVE HERE YOU'LL KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)

tenkani

The chances of someone else using your IP (stealing your wireless or whatever) that just happens to post on Discover Seattle as well are astronomical. I'm guessing it's some sort of technical glitch. Have you checked for a flat tire?
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Ally

that's what i was thinking.  it must be a technical glitch.  

TehBorken

Ally wrote:
sometimes when I go to post something when I haven't even posted in over an hour it won't let me post saying that the last post from my ip was less than 12 seconds ago.

What this means is that the board's "flood control" is kicking in. This prevents a robot (or a spammer) from posting 1,000 messages through a script and spamming ("flooding") the forum, etc.

All you have to do is post just a little slower. This may be an inconvenience but it's there for security purposes and as an anti-spam measure.
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

tenkani

TehBorken, are you here?  

purelife

Teh Borken is teh [img style="WIDTH: 228px; HEIGHT: 117px" height=765 src="http://www.typo.cz/_pictures/superstar.jpg" width=1000]

Orik

yawns... goes to bed...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

tenkani

[span style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(191, 0, 191);"]*tucking Orik in*  [/span]  

Orik

Can i have a glass of water first...  
Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.