Started by Good Times, Feb 07 06 02:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you a DV refugee?

Yes
No
Huh, what's a "DVer"?
|

Good Times

My guess is at least 85% of the members here are people who've escaped from the oppression on DV. [/DIV](So far I haven't seen a single name I didn't recognize.) [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/d020.gif" border=0]  This poll should serve to verify my hypothesis.

DV > DS

DV is better than EVER! Most of the whiners have sought refuge over here...there's one minor pita over there and her name KITTEN 2006 (which I think is actually Andy), but other than that things are running very smoothly over there!

This place is nice, and I must give credit to the Admin, but it's still a baby, and cannot yet compare with the awesome power that is DV!

Argon

>Most of the whiners have sought refuge over here

I think you misspelled "winners".

P.C.

I've been finding the majority of them aren't even readable anymore.  It's increasingly difficult finding a topic worth responding to on DV.  I hope this is a temporary thing, but if they don't do something quickly, all that will be left is your 'Andy's and KITTEN's" types. (not to be confused with the lovely DS Kitten)[img onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/2.gif" align=absMiddle]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

Good morning, P.C.  Thank you for clarifying this.  I would hope nobody would confuse the two, but who knows?  DV does have the occasional interesting poster, but it's not worth wading through all the trash just to find one or two intelligent ones.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I didn't think clarifying was REALLY necessary for those in the know, but for the rest, it seemed like it needed to be said.

I hear you on the trash wading.....is it getting worse, or did I just not notice before because there were no other options?

Well, I'm off to the big city today, I'd best get moving.  Have a great day !!!!

kitten

Yep, it seems to be getting much worse.  Looks to be totally out of control.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

Rats....wanted to be out of here.....stuck on the phone.

I think if they don't do something SOON, it may not recover.

myname

i didn't flee here, i was erroneously banned from DV in one of the indiscriminate mass "purges" of ip addresses.

frankly, i like this board better. cooler features, fewer trolls, and an admin that actually RESPONDS to people.

after DV, it's like winning the Lotto. i'm here to stay!

Sportsdude

I still go on DV for news stuff and to stir up the trolls but other than that all good people are over here.  So why bother going over there.
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

tenkani

Yeah, I still screw around on DV occasionally so I don't consider myself a refugee, since I haven't actually left DV yet.
It has its purpose.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

tenkani

Yeah, that.[/DIV]Also, DV still has more moist ribaldry.
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

Sportsdude

Third

Just popped in to say hello and to say that I don't go to DV much at all. I find it immature and boring.

Third is a turd...

|