My Trip To Cambodia

Started by TehBorken, Dec 19 06 09:52

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Great trip.  Thanks for sharing your stories and photos,
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I've got a few more things (plus some pictures) to add over the next couple of days....some fun stuff as well as some other things. :)

Please GET ON IT. 

TehBorken....I've told you before and I'll tell you again, you NEED TO WRITE A BOOK !  Please ?
Your stories and how you present them are priceless. 
I'll be first on the list to purchase your first edition.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
Please GET ON IT. 

As I often tell my wife, "Yes ma'am!"   lol

Okay, I added a short bit on some of the, err, "home protection" features with a few pics.

Also, a Special Bonus feature: Great Bars In Cambodia (http://discoverseattle.net/bars/).
These aren't necessarily the fanciest bars or the most well-known, but  each has a distinctive appeal all its own. We deliberately didn't cover  the "famous" Cambodian bars here, instead we wanted to visit and  experience the kind of places you might not normally go into or even be  aware of. Many of these bars cater to a more local audience rather than  tourists or foreigners.

Enjoy! Great Bars In Cambodia (http://discoverseattle.net/bars/)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

I'm surprised to see so much English signage. I like the Corruption Bar and the Happy Man Bar.  Is it a drive-thru ? LOL

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

I like the way you've done this tehborken. Like the pictures too.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
I'm surprised to see so much English signage. I like the Corruption Bar and the Happy Man Bar.  Is it a drive-thru ? LOL

It is if you go fast enough! :)

TehBorken

Gopher wrote:
I like the way you've done this tehborken. Like the pictures too.

Thank you, I'm glad you liked it!

DDD

TehBorken wrote:P.C. wrote:Please GET ON IT. As I often tell my wife, "Yes ma'am!" ;D lol

Okay, I added a short bit on some of the, err, "home protection" features with a few pics. Also, a Special Bonus feature: Great Bars (http://discoverseattle.net/bars/) In Cambodia. These aren't necessarily the fanciest bars or the most well-known, but  each has a distinctive appeal all its own. We deliberately didn't cover  the "famous" Cambodian bars here, instead we wanted to visit and  experience the kind of places you might not normally go into or even be  aware of. Many of these bars cater to a more local audience rather than  tourists or foreigners.Enjoy! Great Bars In Cambodia (http://discoverseattle.net/bars/)

Thats just way to cool.....great job now I want to go to a few of those bars...LAS VEGAS  ;)
God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

TehBorken

Quote from: TehBorken on Dec 29 06 07:17
Raging Poodle! wrote:
First I scratched my head also, then I figured you accidentally clicked Edit, instead of Reply, and ended up responding that way.
Yeah, that's probably what I did. Doh!!

TehBorken

Quote from: DDD on Nov 09 10 05:33
TehBorken wrote:
P.C. wrote:
Please GET ON IT. 

As I often tell my wife, "Yes ma'am!"
lol

Okay, I added a short bit on some of the, err, "home protection" features with a few pics.

Also, a Special Bonus feature: Great Bars In Cambodia (http://discoverseattle.net/bars/).
These aren't necessarily the fanciest bars or the most well-known, but  each has a distinctive appeal all its own. We deliberately didn't cover  the "famous" Cambodian bars here, instead we wanted to visit and  experience the kind of places you might not normally go into or even be  aware of. Many of these bars cater to a more local audience rather than  tourists or foreigners.

That's just way to cool.....great job now I want to go to a few of those bars...LAS VEGAS  ;)

TehBorken

I'm very proud to announce America's newest United States Citizen.

Sakha passed her US Citizenship Exam this morning, April 30th 2012, and was sworn in a few hours later around 12:30pm.  :)

To get to this point we fought our way through the State Department, the California Immigration Service Center, the National Visa Center in Vermont, the Department of Homeland Security investigators, the Phnom Penh Police Department, the Cambodian Records Center, the Cambodian Emigration Authority, the United States Embassy in Phnom Penh, US Customs & Immigration Services, and finally the US Customs & Border Protection. We turned in over 1,000 pages of documentation, had her fingerprints taken 4 times (at $680 a shot), sat through multiple interviews and jumped through numerous other hoops. After almost 4 years of this sort of thing, she is now a full-fledged United States Citizen.

And believe me, we are soooooooooo done.

Gopher

Wow, what a lot of BS. However, my congratulations to both of you.

TehBorken

And by the way, here's what you get for  ~$5000 in USCIS application fees:

They spared no expense, this thing had to cost at least 10 cents.

TehBorken

Quote from: Gopher on May 01 12 07:00However, my congratulations to both of you.

Thank you. :)

Gopher

10c flag,  $4999.90  BS

|