Long-lost Penn and Teller videogame for download

Started by Penn Fan, Mar 02 06 08:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Penn Fan

[h3]Long-lost Penn and Teller videogame for download        [/h3]Frank Cifaldi has uncovered a long-lost Penn and Teller video game that was never released in stores, and Waxy is hosting a (free) torrent of it. The game involves lots of tricks, shenanigans, and genuinely weird and improbable easter-eggs, and has cameos from Lou Reed and Debbie Harry. Penn mentioned the torrent of the game on his talk-show yesterday and sounded pretty cool with it! You'll need to install a free Sega CD emulator to run it (unless you actually have a working Sega CD). [blockquote][img]http://craphound.com/images/pandsmgameshot.jpg" height="227" width="316"]
The most infamous part was "Desert Bus," a "VeriSimulator" in which you drive a bus across the straight Nevada desert for eight hours in real-time. Then you drive it home. Also, I'd read the bus veers to the right, so you can't just leave the joystick propped up. The rumor was that if you won the game, you got one point.  More info: [a href="http://www.waxy.org/archive/2006/02/28/penn_tel.shtml"]Link[/a][/blockquote]

tenkani

ROLF!!1[/DIV]Thanks, that was a great way to start my day.[/DIV]I'm a big P&T fan ever since they first started their stand up routine![/DIV]Ever seen Bullshit?

I HATE messing with emulators, but for this I might just have to bit the bullet...
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

primefactor

tenkani wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Ever seen Bullshit? [/div] Love that show. Loooooooove it. Sometimes painful to have one's Sacred Cows messed with, but the difference between science and faith is that science can go, "Ah. New evidence shows that we were wrong. Back to the drawing board, guys." and under the same circumstances, faith gets all indignant and crabby.

Proof. Proof, proof, proof!

TehBorken

I love Penn and Teller, they're truly a class act (or were, I'm not sure if they're still doing their gigs).
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Tor Johnston

Cool, I had no idea!

Penn Gilette emceed The Residents Mole Show tour back in the day.
The Residents put out a few nice interactive CD-Roms like
Freak Show and Bad Day on the Midway. Not your typical games, lol.