Has anyone lost.......

Started by P.C., Dec 17 06 05:46

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

The contents of their fridge/freezer due to power outage?  Did you claim it on your house insurance?  And if you did, how did it affect your rates?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Moolah!

Unopened beer doesn't spoil when the power goes out. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_big.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

kitten

Neither does ice, it just gets too warm.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

The bar fridge is good.....lol Raging Poodle.  It just wasn't as inviting for a few days.

49er

unless the power outage was caused by an act of god, the power company pays for the spoiled food (at least that's the case in California)  

P.C.

It would be classed as 'an act of God' I'm thinking.  And no matter what caused it, our power company would surely not take responsibility for anything like this......unless one of their employees went on some kind of rampage.....and I'm sure even then, they would not assume responsibilty.

kitten

Still, it doesn't hurt to try.  Even if you got part of it back it would be better than nothing.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

49er

.....if you are thinking on making a claim to your insurance company, take into consideration the total amount of the claim vs the amount of your insurance deductible.

P.C.

Good points.  Our deductable is $500.....so we had originally dismissed the idea, until we started adding up what was there.  We also have a $125 claim free 'bonus' per year.  It might be an interesting idea to check out what the value is on your own contents.  You'd likely be surprized.

Lise

Hmm... I've never thought of doing a claim due to power outages. I just accepted it, toss out everything then re-stock the whole lot.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Same here Lise.  That's kinda why I put the question out there.  As all our neighbours and friend are in the same boat, there has been a lot of talk about this.  I'm like....."whatever, doo doo occurs".  

Untill I started turfing this stuff.  I'm sure I will suck up the loss like I normally do, but it's an interesting question.    (sort of)  

Russ

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c038.gif" border=0].

Russ

Uh, is that a happy or unhappy smilie? I dont know what emotion it is?    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims