What would you

Started by DDD, May 18 10 11:14

Previous topic - Next topic

DDD

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]OK let me clear up what I said. One should not hit a person BUT if you need to defend yourself that is totally different and you should do that by any means possible in order to do that.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]I for one would not hit unless hit fist and even then that would more than likely be an impulse reaction and not a consciences decision by me – unless above.

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal][o:p] [/o:p]

[P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" class=MsoNormal]Think about it you're with your girlfriend or wife.....etc... and this person is someone you say you love but you would hurt them? Does not add up in my books.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy!

P.C.

I don't know why the abusive spouse thing keeps popping into this.  As I've said from the beginning, I am talking about a healthy family.  I am talking about the valuable lessons a child learns to see his father treating his mother with ultimate respect....she is #1.....and of course vice versa.  If that's not equality, I don't think I have any idea what that means then.
And now the life saving process.   Good grief.  That's a no brainer.

Is it that difficult to see the simplicity of the concept ?  

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

DDD

P.C. wrote:

I don't know why the abusive spouse thing keeps popping into this.  As I've said from the beginning, I am talking about a healthy family.  I am talking about the valuable lessons a child learns to see his father treating his mother with ultimate respect....she is #1.....and of course vice versa.  If that's not equality, I don't think I have any idea what that means then.
[/p] [p style="font-weight: bold;"]Is there realy such a thing anymore and was there EVER. I say no as all pepole have issues just some are hidden better than others and some deal with them better and then some are a**holes and hit[/p] [p style="margin: 0in 0in 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"][span style=""] [/span] [/p]  [/p] And now the life saving process.   Good grief.  That's a no brainer.

Is it that difficult to see the simplicity of the concept ?  

Nope real simply [/p]

P.C.

[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Is there realy such a thing anymore and was there EVER. I say no as all pepole have issues just some are hidden better than others and some deal with them better and then some are a**holes and hit[/span]

There's that hitting thing again.  What's with the hitting thing ?

"Is there really such a thing".  Absolutely.  
"Was there such a thing".  Absolutely.

I know a ton of people who adore each other.  And even when they disagree, they work it out civilly.  They would never dream of calling each other names or belittling each other in front of their children. They show respect to each other even when they don't agree.  I'm shocked to hear how foreign this sounds.  

Natasha

I don't know why we keep discussing this as a husband/wife scenerio. As I've said before, the gay/lesbian community is becoming more open and socially acceptable. Relationships/marriages can consist of M/M or F/F and still be considered healthy or even face the same trials as straight relationships/marriages (hitting included).

Idk I guess some people would rather think of life as bubble gum and rainbows  =) [/DIV]

Itsy Bitsy

^ true, we should probably be addressing other lifestyles and sexualities, etc as well. I guess we are just discussing the more common one because it's easier. We're lazy. :)

Natasha

IF we're still going to talk about it. I'm about all talked out on this issue.  

P.C.

[div style="width: 100%;"] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]I don't know why we keep discussing this as a husband/wife scenerio. As I've said before, the gay/lesbian community is becoming more open and socially acceptable. Relationships/marriages can consist of M/M or F/F and still be considered healthy or even face the same trials as straight relationships/marriages (hitting included).[/div] [div style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]
[span style="font-weight: bold; font-style: italic;"]Idk I guess some people would rather think of life as bubble gum and rainbows  =) [/span]

Holy cripes !  OK....let me see if I can make this any simpler.  Whoever is in the parental role had better set a good example and treat each other with utmost respect, because that is how how children learn about relationships.  And no....no hitting included.  That's another subject altogether.  Hitters never WERE included in the "treat your partner exquisitely" comment.

It's a simple notion...it applies to all concerned...it's not about who is better parents...it is not about treating an abuser like he is number one....it is not about excluding anyone who is in the role of parent with the exception of hitters....who belong somewhere else.  I don't think we could possibly dissect this any further before we are discussing a different topic.

I never realized how complicated something so simple could be.  
[/div][/div]    

P.C.

It's not about husband and wife....it's about parenting.  

Natasha

LOL.. ok P.C. you can have the last word.... on this thread  =P

P.C.

Yeayyyyyyy.    

P.C.

Do you have kids Natasha ?  

Natasha

P.C. wrote:
[img border=0 src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"]  Yeayyyyyyy.    
     lol... I'll get you on the real LW thread though  =P

and yes ma'am I'm a mother as well. Was the best thing that ever happened to me  =)

Where's "Gone fishing til Tues"? Shouldn't he be back by now? I hope he didn't get used as bait  =D

DDD

Natasha wrote:
 LOL.. ok P.C. you can have the last word.... on this thread  =P [/DIV]
 Yuppers P.C. can have the LW here but I still want to hit the person who started this thread      [img border=0 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/9.gif"]

P.C.

Well, at the risk of sounding uppity, the concept can't be argued.  The original delivery may have been poor, but the message is sound.  At least for those who could see it for what it was.

|