What is your favorite band or song?

Started by Thread Cop, Dec 13 06 09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Cop

My favorite song:
Hip Hop: Shakira-hips don't lie and Natalie-What you gonna do
Pop: Black And White by Upper Room

Lise

Evanescence rule!! I love Everybody's Fool best. Actually..... I love all their music. Rock on, goth style!!

[A href="http://evanescence.com/"]http://evanescence.com/[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

Lise

Hard rock, TC. I love anything strong by a woman. There's nothing to stoke my chi than a woman belting out her voicebox and sounding angry.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

I see...women screaming is not bad...  

Lise

Women screaming with wild passion on TC's bed, even better, no?
Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

Future Canadian

Lise, if ye like hard rockin' women, have you seen/heard Otep? I like metal but this is stronger stuff than I usually listen to, but this gal is hard as dragon scales and I love her!(but she is kinda scary) And this video:
[a href="http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2645249"]http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2645249[/a]
is way cool. Heavily political.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Future Canadian

And my favorite song: "Butterfly" by Talvin Singh
Favorite band would be pretty hard to narrow down (plus I go through phases a lot). It would probably be The Streets right now. He's the only one I have every-single-song-I-can-find of his.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Russ

No Rap. No R&B. At all. I have been known to throw CD's out the window.

Evanescence is pretty good. I like things like linkin park and other crazies when Im driving/ camping etcetera.

I do also... listen to some country. Grew up on it, so it kinda stuck with me in my own tastes.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Nope, never heard of this chick before. Otep, eh?

Looks downright scary.......
Bill Cosby.

Future Canadian

Yes, very scary. It brings me back to my punk/metal high school days when the only qualification for good music was hard, fast, and angry. Like I said, I don't generally listen to stuff that intense any more.
But why aren't there more women heavy metal singers? I love Amy Lee's voice. A great singing voice is a good foil to the chunka-chunka crunch of metal guitar.

tenkani

Anything by Soundgarden/Audioslave does it for me.
Chris Cornell is a god and his voice makes the Jesus wet. And Audioslave features Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine. 'Nuff said.
My favorite track right now is probably "Like a Stone". It's very slow and understated. Very spare and simple, but I never get tired of it. They don't rely on high tech studio effects and whatnot. It's just some of the best sounding rock I've ever heard in my life.

P.S. I haven't heard much of Evanescence's stuffs but Bring Me to Life was mind-blowing    :O

For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of Juan Valdez
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life
And I will dwell in the house of coffee forever.

curses

i have ever changing favorites and yes it is mostly pop music that i listen to. except for a couple of years spent on those fringes of mainstream called alternative or college rock if you will.

anyway. this would have been in from 89-92 and it does include some brit pop. unfortunetly i grew up in the meantime and now i mostly listen to 70's rock. lol. just kidding ;)

btw. that's all i'm going to say. except i love to troll the trolls using relevent lyrics. and i mean relevent in a dennis miller kinda way. perhaps irrelevent? whatever. i enjoy good humor. what can i say.

curses

oh and for as long as i can remember i was the one and only poet on that other god-forsaken board.

until the poor emo-like impersonations started pouring out of every tom dick and harry that is. lol