What did you collected.....

Started by Lise, Dec 13 06 08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

...... when you were little? I had me a good old book of stamps then I graduated briefly to fantasy cards and now I collect diapers.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

Car models and books that contain info on space.  

Lise

Give me an example of a book on space that you collected, TC.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

Like the universe and planets..  

Lise

Right. Were you a Star Trek fan then?

Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

Lise

No kidding! I love Star Wars too. Love epsidoes IV, V and VI. Hated the first three. Wayyy to go, Mr. George Lucas.

You should look up a thread on DV about Star Wars. That was fun. CK's nuts about Star Wars too.
Bill Cosby.

Thread Cop

Lise

Hmm.  You know I've been trying to find it on DV so I could bump it up for you. Can't seem to find it. Drats.

It's the one long thread on Star Wars between CK, Lindsy, tenkani and myself. That was way back when Episode 3 (I think) aired in the theatres.

We were discussing the merits of Darth Vader's acting ability. You know, the one when he screams 'noooooooooooooooooooooooo' like a sissy upon discovering his body is virtually all metal.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I collected stamps too, Lise.  I used to send away to all these stamp companies.....loved it.  (I still have my childhood stamp book, but now we've added hubby's fathers collection to it.....although I don't do much with it)

Now I don't have a specific thing that I collect, but I love all things Victorian, and antiques of any kind.  I love miniatures.  Miniature anything, but particularly antique miniatures.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

That's so cool, PC. Maybe one day our stamps will be worth $1,000,000 or something like that, eh?

Minature everything is so adorable. I love to see these minature furniture, especially in an old Victorian house. I don't think I can have them around our place though. Lise Jr. might take it into her head to start playing with them.
Bill Cosby.

Future Canadian

I used to collect baseball cards. Then Star Wars cards. That set me up perfectly for the cardboard crack known as Magic: Teh Gathering. I kind of went on a bender on them things for a while.  
...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Russ

What didnt I collect.

Hockey Cards, Desert Storm Cards, Desert Shield Cards.

Model Rockets (estees ones that actually fly, after the first two I built blew up my parents 'tried' to encourage me to more safer hobbies. So I built ten more bigger ones).

GI Joes, my friend the ebay freak sold all my old toys on ebay for me.. Im just under 2k richer.

Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars.

Still have most of the stuff too.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Stamps (I still do and have well over 20,000),  and playing cards  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Moolah!

I collected all sorts of crap from the traditional to unconventional...

What I can recall off the top of my head

- stamps (had 7-9 albums - can't remember)

- post cards (some of them were really old)

- FDCs (philatelists would be familiar with that acronym: First Day Covers)

- candy wrapper foils

- seashells

- marbles

- keychains (had close to 100, had them displayed on the wall)

- copper plates (didn't have too many of those, but they were also on my walls)

There were probably a few more I can't recall right now...

Then I became a minimalist and freed myself of all those attachments.  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]  
*  Please unban me!! please please please  *