Important Lesson

Started by Gopher, Dec 10 06 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher

What's the most important lesson you've learned in 2006?
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lise

(a) patience is a virtual (especially with toddlers and mothers)

and

(b) don't make a mountain out of a molehill (spilling milk on floor is no biggie)
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kitten

Learn to relax.

Don't worry about other people's opinions about you unless they are supporting you.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

P.C.

I learned that we should keep trying new things.....even when we think we're not capable of them.  Sometimes we surprise ourselves, and it's ususally a nice surprise.  

I learned that there are 24 hours in a day, and some of them should be used for sleeping.

I learned that... it's funny that the very things that attract us to a person, (whether it's a spouse or a friend)  are usually the things that a few years down the road, are the very things that annoy us about them. So it's probably a good idea to look at those things closely FIRST.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

I've learned not to bother hoping that people in authority possess more than a mere iota of  human warmth when dealing with their 'clients'.

purelife

I've learned to relax in life, to slow down and just enjoy my quiet time.

Gopher

Ah purelife, you're wise beyond your years. That's a great lesson to have learned.

purelife

Thanks Gopher.  It took me years to learn how to relax, to really learn to let go, to really be comfortable with oneself and to really believe that everything is okay.  

Gopher

I hope this stays with you - if it does, you're going to have great life.

Lise

I'll relax more when I'm rich beyond rich.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

Could be that no longer living on edge because of constant economising, you'll find life boring. Still, I incline to the same view.