Apocalypto

Started by Lise, Dec 05 06 08:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Is anyone going to watch this movie by Mel Gibson? Apparently it's more bloodthirsty and gorier than The Passion of Christ.

Official site: [A href="http://apocalypto.movies.go.com/"]http://apocalypto.movies.go.com/[/A]

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Not me.   I'm not so good with the bloody gore.  I'm a little wimpy.....I cried so hard.....uncontrolable sobbing,  at the Fox and the Hound, my kids went and sat somewhere else.

And then there was the time that these little aligator eggs hatched when Donald Duck was there, and all the little aligators thought DD was there mother.  LOST IT !!!!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kingy

what do the critics say about this movie. i actually have heard very little about it.

P.C.

Don't they usually say it's the best movie of the year.....even though nobody has seen it yet ?

Russ

You know Ive wondered the same thing myself PC.

I dont really have anything to add other than I will probably watch it, and for some reason the title of this thread made me think of "Apocalypse Now". Loved that movie.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Movie success largely depends on the quality of the hype more than the quality of the movie, which is why I seldom listen to the critics.   The first 3 days will tell if a movie is financially successful and that is directly related to the success of the hype.

Same with books sometimes.  The Davinci Code was SO over rated, that it magnified it's flaws.  One of the poorest written books I've ever read.  I liked the concept, but the writing itself was grade 10 at best.

Russ

Wow! Good morning PC! I thought I was the only one awake finishing a beer before going to bed, my gf gave up on me and is already there.

How was your evening? Is the board faster for you now? Its quicker the last little bit for me, maybe cause theres not as many people on?

Thats actually a good way to judge a movie I find, by how much the movie grosses the first little bit. I never listen to the critics, I mean look at Siskel and Egbert.  Both are idiots to me.

P.C.

Yea.....I've been telling myself to go to bed for the last hour.

It's running much better now.

The money a movie makes isn't the best indicator of a good movie either, as it's largely the response to the hype.  Most effective way is to judge for yourself I guess.

Well, that did it for me....I'm off to bed.

Take care !!!

Russ

True enough.

Have a goodnight yourself PC! Good advice, Im off as well.

Trollio

[span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] Lise wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"][div style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]Is anyone going to watch this movie by Mel Gibson? Apparently it's more bloodthirsty and gorier than The Passion of Christ.[/div]
That makes sense. So was Mayan society.

We will probably wait for it to come to cable. The idea of actively giving Gibson any money isn't high on our list of things to do.
one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

weird al

P.C. wrote:
 Not me.   I'm not so good with the bloody gore.  I'm a little wimpy.....I cried so hard.....uncontollable sobbing,  at the Fox and the Hound, my kids went and sat somewhere else.

And then there was the time that these little aligator eggs hatched when Donald Duck was there, and all the little aligators thought DD was there mother.  LOST IT !!!!!! [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif" border=0]

P.C., when you watch a Donald Duck flick, you've got to keep a stiff upper lip.

Trollio

[span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] weird al wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] [div style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]P.C., when you watch a Donald Duck flick, you've got to keep a stiff upper lip.[/div]
 Or Bambi.

Seriously, I have found that the closing scene in the Joy Luck Club makes everybody cry no matter how many times they see it.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

CK

I will probably watch it, but at home. I love my theatre at home.

I am way behind on the movies...

Did you guys know Darth is Luke's father?!?!!!!!!!!

P.C.

LOL, CK.  That sounds like me.  I think the last movie I saw at the theatre was........oh never mind, but it was a LONG time ago.  I prefer the cozy couch, a nice glass of wine, and the pause button.   (and nobody talking over my shoulder about how the guy that just got killed ?.....isn't really dead. So much for suspense)  Or laughter so loud, that you miss the next three scenes........REWIND !    

CK

Yeah, last December I made a nice surroundsound/TV room and I am loving it. I still go to about 1 movie a year. This year I seen Pirates II.

I hate that popcorn costs more than the ticket. Cause once I smell popcorn, I am drooling and my wallet is out!