New military weapon - you don't think there salivating to use it on us?

Started by samiam, Dec 05 06 10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

samiam

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72134-0.html?tw=wn_technology_4

The crowd is getting ugly. Soldiers roll up in a Hummer. Suddenly, the whole right half of your body is screaming in agony. You feel like you've been dipped in molten lava. You almost faint from shock and pain, but instead you stumble backwards -- and then start running. To your surprise, everyone else is running too. In a few seconds, the street is completely empty.[/p]  You've just been hit with a new nonlethal weapon that has been certified for use in Iraq -- even though critics argue there may be unforeseen effects.[/p]
[/p]

Russ

Good. I hope they do use it to save the lives of the civilians when a bomb goes off or soldiers start shooting. Oh, it will help the soldiers too of course.

I also read about how down in the southern states that bee's have been bred and trained to sniff out bombs, gunpowder, explosives. And they can find those IED's that take so many soldiers and civilian lives.

Amazing the technology advancements that come out of a war!
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Trollio

[span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] Russ wrote:[/span][div style="color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]I also read about how down in the southern states that bee's have been bred and trained to sniff out bombs, gunpowder, explosives. [/div]
Wasps too. They supposedly do a better job than dogs with regard to identifying specific things. Just when you thought there was no use whatsoever for the aggressive little things.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu