Memoirs of a Geisha

Started by Lise, Dec 04 06 09:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Saw this film yesterday. Wasn't too bad but I kinda wished they had picked someone else to play the lead role. Zhang Ziyi's acting is laughable but Gong Li was fantastic. It pays to play the baddie.

And why is a Japanese girl wearing blue contact lenses?????
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Trollio

[span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] Lise wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"][br style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"][span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]And why is a Japanese girl wearing blue contact lenses?????[/span]

I don't know, but I like it.  I'd also like some for myself, but Trollina is fond of my own green ones as they are, and I can't do contact lenses or anything else that involves putting things in my eyes.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

Lise

Oh. Green eyes, eh? Hawt factor just went up here.

Meh. I found it distracting though because it's all I ever see in the movie. I keep thinking that's so wrong. Japanese girls in that period don't have blue eyes and on Zhang Ziyi, it made her look so weird.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Trollio

[span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"] Lise wrote:[/span][br style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"][span style="font-style: italic; color: rgb(128, 0, 0);"]Oh. Green eyes, eh? Hawt factor just went up here.[/span]

Really? I've always wanted ice blue eyes. Shows what I know.

one must be intelligent to get intelligent answers.
— bebu

purelife

I saw the movie when it came out.  Didn't enjoy it much.  I'm never a fan of Zhang ZiYi.

P.C.

Good point about the blue contacts, Lise.

*I have green eyes too Trollio.....could we be related ?....lol* [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/p040.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

I havent watched this movie yet, but I keep thinking about it whenever I walk by in Blockbuster.. Would you recommend it?

I like asians with blue or green contact lensed eyes.. Its a real attention grabber and a way to look striking!

I just have a blue/green type eyes.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

I would love to have green eyes.  Brown seems dull.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

purelife

LOL, same here kitten.  My b/f urges me to try those tinted green/blue contacts because he says that on asians, these are absolutely stunning.  LOL, oh dear.  I think that he would never let go of me.. LOL!

purelife

Oh Russ, yes, I'd recommend it.  It's an okay movie, laid back.  Kinda boring and predictable.  I wouldn't own the DVD though.  

kitten

Never letting go of you seems like a bonus, purelife.  I couldn't stick anything in my eyes, though.  

Russ

purelife wrote:
 LOL, same here kitten.  My b/f urges me to try those tinted green/blue contacts because he says that on asians, these are absolutely stunning.  LOL, oh dear.  I think that he would never let go of me.. LOL![/DIV]
 YES YES !!! I agree with him do it! Then pictures!!

<then help me convince my gf!>
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

LOL Russ.  It doesn't mean that I'll go and do it.  He tells me all sorts of things.  

Is it true that guys get turned on by girls in grey sweats?  especially the ones with paw prints on?  And, do guys like girls with the sports bra?  LOL!

kitten

It's my guess that guys get turned on by almost anything their girlfriend is wearing.

Marik

I haven't seen the movie, but why did they have 1) blue contact lenses and 2) Zhang Ziyi being the geisha... (does she trained/know all that kimono stuff, etc?) I don't care if a Chinese lady plays a Japanese lady... probably difficult to tell the difference for most people who watch the film anyway.