Poetic Drivel

Started by Orik, Dec 04 06 12:24

Previous topic - Next topic

wouldn'tyouknow

Orik, I'm really looking forward to your book.  How is it progressing?  There is someone over at DV who is a publisher.  Wonder if maybe you should talk with her?  

Best of luck

[FONT face="Arial Narrow"]Many of the poems seem to surround regrets, guilts, speculations and observations that inspired much sympathy.   To me they are a progression from utter guilt and depression to making amends and saying goodbye to past faults.

Some of your poems have what sound like conversation breaks, and some look and sound like deliberate run-on stanzas that depict live pictures as in "(??) Time is Passing" and the language of a distressed mind as in "Escape from Freedom" and "Sleep Well and Wake".  If the effects were intended, I applaud at your success.

Your misspellings seem to justify themselves.  Some seem to be for phonic effects and some I daresay, for pun (ie. Is it naught but a tombstone and worms); some appear as if highlights (ie. dieing, thier's) that invite contemplation of the real meaning of the words that have long lost their expressive powers.[/FONT]

[FONT face="Arial Narrow"]Regarding one of your themes that I presumed, I think some events are inevitable--they would take place one way or another, sooner or later.  When they happen we don't always choose the right action.  This is human.

"i'll see what thier's to see
or not to see"

The way you misspelled "thier's"  It feels as though things are going to look wrong whether or not this person makes the effort to see.  If that was intended, I love your expression.

And overall, I appreciated your poems.[/FONT]

Orik

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Icepick Lobotomy

Hello Orik...  I am your worst nightmare come true ...   AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA    

Orik

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Orik

Orik

Best of luck

Best of luck

[FONT face="Arial Narrow" size=3] A rare rich, vibrant way of thinking is evident even though the topics you chose should have drowned it.  

After I read your last three poems, I get a feeling that your poems will be more powerful if you loosen all of your fears.

[/FONT]

GORDY GAMBINO a1

I wish youd die Orik. Your poetry is full of shit.Coons ? You should go on tight rope you n***er f*cking son of a bitch.

TehBorken

GORDY GAMBINO a1 wrote:
I wish youd die Orik. Your poetry is full of shit.Coons ? You should go on tight rope you n***er f*cking son of a bitch.

Gordy, chill out. This isn't your own personal cursing zone. If you ever left a post here withut the f-word in it I'd be stunned.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Orik

Orik

GORDY GAMBINO a1

Orik wrote:
thank you TehBork...

Now Gordy perhaps if you read the full piece of poetry
you would realize the term Coon is shortened and used in reference to
the animal kingdoms raccoon...or did you fail to see the imagery behind it...
or did you think i meant something entirely different...

but i have no need to explain what is perfectly understandable to every one else... except you ...
that alone speaks volumes for your level of intelligence... or perhaps i should say your lack their of..

^ Now i get it

GORDY GAMBINO a1

TehBorken wrote:
GORDY GAMBINO a1 wrote:[BR style="FONT-STYLE: italic"] [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]I wish youd die Orik. Your poetry is full of shit.Coons ? You should go on tight rope you n***er f*cking son of a bitch.[/SPAN]

Gordy, chill out. This isn't your own personal cursing zone. If you ever left a post here withut the f-word in it I'd be stunned.

You think this is bad.....You should see the trail of destruction i leave on Oprahs forum.........At least until i get banned from there as well.

|