Junk Mail Creations

Started by Moolah!, Nov 25 06 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Moolah!

[A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]  See

[TABLE style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: midnightblue; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0] [TBODY] [TR bgColor=whitesmoke] [TD][A href="http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=120553"][FONT color=#0000ff]Thick wad of AmEx trvllr's cheques[/FONT][/A][/TD] [TD align=middle]Raging Poodle! [/TD] [TD align=middle]11[/TD] [TD align=middle]107[/TD] [TD style="FONT-SIZE: 7pt" noWrap align=middle]11/25/2006
9:11:17 PM[/TD][/TR][/TBODY][/TABLE]

for background info:

*  Please unban me!! please please please  *

Moolah!

Well folks, it seems this is the sole remaining copy of this thread as the thread on DV was deleted by a hacker and the  inept admins were unable to restore it despite my requesting it and despite mods' sending them emails etc.

So be it.

Proves to show not only how vulnerable DV is, and how little member's contributions are valued there, but also the total ineptitude, incompetence and total lack of professionalism of the DV admins in safeguarding the integrity of the data they're supposed to take care of.

Fine.  They can rot in hell.  [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

Moolah!

Now on with the journey:

The images in my intro message were created from a thick bundle of junk mail, sent from BMO as a promotion for AmEx traveller's cheques.

There're at least 70-100 replicas of traveller's cheques in the bundle, and flipping through them you can see an animation of a plane taking off.

I thought this was a big waste of paper.

I also noticed that it was printed on very good quality paper. So instead of chucking it in the garbage, I took it home and started creating papercuts from it.

The images you see are the initial products.

I intend to create at least 2 dozen of these.

Then I'm thinking of covering my whole wall with them.  

[DIV align=left]  

Russ

This is YOU doing this Raging Poodle?

If so you are another poor BMO sap like I am then, I feel sorry for both of us...

Looks cool though, I use them along with old newspapers to start fires.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

TehBorken

Raging Poodle! wrote:  The images you see are the initial products.

That's cool stuff, is there more we could see? I like the idea of turning something bad like marketing hype-mail into something artistic.

(Now I imagine this is Bumbling Bonehead's cue to come in and tell us how good we are at patting each other on the back or some other pithy, jealous comment. Do us all a favor and save your negative comments, Bumbling, we really don't need them.)
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Moolah!

TehBorken wrote:
Raging Poodle! wrote:   The images you see are the initial products.

[/DIV]That's cool stuff, is there more we could see?    Soon. [A onclick="addImg('icon/icon_smile_cool.gif')" href="jvascript:void(0)"][/A]

As I create more, I'll try to take some snapshots with my webcam.

I'm also experimenting with different ways of creating them.

I found myself using mental techniques I used to employ in my painting years.

I find it more rewarding when I focus on a theme and let that theme dictate the patterns that come out, instead of just trying to create something "pretty".

However it's also worth mentioning that not all themes yield pieces that're worthy of display.