The Male 'pill' is coming

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 28 06 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[h3 style="font-weight: normal;"]Sperm-blocking male contraceptive being developed[/h3][a href="http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061128/male_contra_061128/20061128?hub=TopStories"]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061128/male_contra_061128/20061128?hub=TopStories[/a]

hmm interesting. cool

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]This new treatment is not dependant on hormones and works by preventing the longitudinal muscle in the vas deferens from propelling sperm out of the penis. [/FONT]

Smith expects the pills won't be on shelves for at least five years.

Hmmm, doesn't sound too natural to me.  It's telling a guy to keep himself from ejaculating or climating.  It's like telling the girl not to orgasm and just hold it there.  I wonder what happens to the sperms?  I suppose it just dies or something?

Lise

Ssssh. They just go to sleep........

Castration is always a favorite alternative, no?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Maybe for ultra feminists it is I dunno.  I mean I'm all for what they protest for but come on sometimes.  They can't pro create on there own yet.  They need a guy for that.

On the pill.  Well think of it like this purelife. The female pill stops girls from getting pregnant from preventing menstraul cycles (i think). The male pill would work the same way. The man would still get erect and such and would still have an orgasm but nothing would come out.  Sperm doesn't cause an erection, getting 'excited' and blood flow does.

Russ

Uh, I read about this the other day and already crossed it off the list of even a remote chance of me using it. First off Im a guy, second off I myself am not very good at taking pills once a day at the same time (I have to do that with Malaria pills when Im in western africa and I sometimes miss a week here and there), and third off if theres no load then whats the point? If you are that worried just go for a pearl necklace.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Yeah, I wouldn't make my guy take this.  And by that time, I'll have my tubes tied.  

Russ

purelife wrote:
 Yeah, I wouldn't make my guy take this.  And by that time, I'll have my tubes tied.  [/DIV]
 Honestly? No offense to the women but I like this better than a guy getting snipped. At least tied tubes although expensive can be reversed, getting snipped=screwed.

Sportsdude

yeah I'm not good at taking pills at the same time everyday either. I forget sometimes to take my own meds. lol don't know how you girls do it.  

purelife

Yup, honestly.  I wouldn't even ask for him to get snipped or any guy for that matter.  YIKES!  The pain!  

Sportsdude

you can't reverse the process after getting your tubes tied. once its done its done.  If I guy gets 'sniped' sperm will eventually find another way.  Guys have gotten girls pregnant before after getting 'snipped'.  

purelife

LOL on taking pills on time.  Whenever I'm at home, my b/f reminds me too.  He sets his watch to ring at the time that I take it.  hee hee...  

purelife

Yup, you can reverse SD.  It's just gonna cost the girl, 10 grand and more.  

Sportsdude

getting snipped takes 15 seconds while getting tubes tied is a horrible experience and you start having hormonal problems for a while.    

Russ

wrong SD. It is a procedure that is done. Two of my friends were looking at this as they dont want kids.. at this point. So after talking to the doctor this was done.