600,000 Wii's sold in the US in 8 days

Started by Sportsdude, Nov 28 06 10:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

No wonder I can't find any lol.

[h1 style="font-weight: normal;"][a href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20061128/ts_alt_afp/afpentertainmentjapanuselectronicsgamecompanynintendo_061128083739"] Nintendo says Americans snap up 600,000 Wii consoles[/a][/h1]

This is great, in my opinion people want gaming systems that are inovative and cheaper then the 'lets make graphics look so realistic it scares you' way XBOX  360 and PS3 are going.

Nintendo is back.  They're going to when this game console war I strongly believe it now.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

lol I'm no yank.

Canada is selling out too don't know where the G&M article went but Nintendo was shocked that it was sold out in Canada.

Russ

They are fun Im told by a certain someone .

I agree with you SD, The PS3 is old generation tech like the XBox 360. The Nintendo is new generation with more interactivity and feedback. The graphics are not as good as the PS3 and XBox, but with teh interaction and COST, they will outsell PS3 and XBox Im sure. <I still love my xbox>
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

yeah in the Wii you are apart of the game on PS3 and XBOX 360 you press a button.  

purelife

Russ, you like your Xbox and I still like my gameboy advance.  

Russ

Hey can you play old Gameboy games in the new advance?
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I've got a gameboy advance. I've been trying to beat this Spyro game for years.  

YAHOO

Russ wrote:
 Hey can you play old Gameboy games in the new advance?[/DIV]

Yup, you sure can, Russ.

Lise

Best game on GBA....... good old Tetris.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Marik

mm... I still like Pokemon the best.  

Lise

Pokemon? That furball's still alive?  

Heck, I guess with the popularity of the Wii, he'll come back with vengence soon enough. Can't wait to see Mario and Donkey Kong swoop in as well.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Duck hunt is making a comeback on the Wii.
Now all they need is techmo superbowl and its the eighties all over again.

Lise

That Red Steel ad looks awesome. Ubisoft makes cool games.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Yeah right now the games I'm going to get is the Red Steel, Zelda and Swing Golf.  Believe it or not I've never played Zelda before and I grew up on SNES.  Any tennis game will rule on the system. Mario Tennis should be good.