Weird Al - Canadian Idiot

Started by weird al, Nov 26 06 07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

weird al

You mentioned Granville Island. I used to like some of their stuff, but they seem to have morphed into just another industrial brewery. Used to be you'd see the claim on their packaging - "all natural ingredients" - that's gone. Their "Prototap" series is gone. They did a fantastic "Wee Heavy" for Robbie Burns Day a couple of years ago - but lately they just shoot for the lowest common denominator, seems to me.

Another beaut that shows up in BC occasionally is  Rogue (Oregon)  Brewing's "Dead Guy Ale". For hopheads only. Bitter & grainy & clean.

Sportsdude

So the indies went commerical. That sucks.    
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

weird al

.[img height=170 alt="" src="http://www.rogue.com/images/UpdatedLabels/Dead_Guy_Ale.gif" width=150]

Lise

Man, I thought this was all about our own weird al................. hehe.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Booze or Sex, thats what all threads turn to! You should know that Lise! It was you whom told me that..
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Canadian

Russ wrote:
Booze or Sex, thats what all threads turn to! You should know that Lise! It was you whom told me that.. [/DIV]
 BOOZES and SEX = Makes me proud to be Canadian *raises beer glass in Canadian living room*

Lise

Boozes and sex. Wonderful. Better than it turning ugly like DV.

Anyone tried Guinness? A taste like no other. I can only sip this can like two times before I turn green.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

LOL Turning green. Yeah Guinness is diffferent. I like Killians Irish Red better though.  Guinness tastes different over here then in Ireland apparently. In Ireland its really good. Here so so, aquired taste.  

Lise

What are you doing drinking, SD? You're underage!!![FONT size=1] (just kidding) [/FONT]
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Around 18,19 I just said F*ck it. I'm 18 years old in the rest of the world I can drink but of course not here. I drink for pleasure anyway, never been drunk tried a couple times to get totally wasted but I think its impossible I'm too big so it would take a lot and I've got a high tolerance level.  Oh well who wants to get totally wasted anyway, I don't remotely find that cool whatsoever. Apparently throwing up is sexy I find it repulsive.  

weird al

Lise wrote:
Man, I thought this was all about our own weird al................. hehe.

well ya gotta admit, it sounds like it's in the ballpark, so to speak ;-)

But what's this??! I turn my back for a minute and this turns into a booze and sex thread!!??

good show, that was my great hope for this thread.

Nice to see my name up there "Weird Al - Canadian Idiot" ...kind of gives me a warm glow. Although that might have been the jalapenos & shooters..

Lise

al equals SEXY STUFF. Nuff said.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I normally drink guiness for the first little while when I go out to a bar, well the first three anyhow. Its a meal in itself, you cant drink more than a few.

Other than that I drink 1516 or Sleeman Honey Brown normally for beer. And Crown Royal or Bacardi Gold for the spirits.

Although it does depend on what I have left in my cupboard.

Im actually waiting on some stuff I ordered out of the states to come in. Im making a kegorator out of an old fridge I have at home here. Ive got some stuff already, and Ive been looking around for the best (read cheap) places to get kegs of beer that I can keep the kegs for three-four weeks at a time.

Lise

Kegorator. Neat. A new word. Let us know how it works out, Russ.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I can say bad news already lol. will do Lise.

|