Crap, it's snowing

Started by TehBorken, Nov 26 06 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
|

49er

I get a kick when I see someone wheeling in a giant TV to the return counter at Costco obviously after months of use because there would be a film of dust on the back of theTV  

P.C.

Costco's return policy is insane.  I had never returned things in my life until the last few years.  I finally got tired of things that I purchased lasting only weeks or months.  I understand that we're living in a 'throw away' society, but it's gotten a little silly.  Aside from being wasteful, it's just kinda annoying to end up purchasing another 'whatever' just because the first one doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

When you end up with 3 bread makers in your pantry, because you just can't throw them out 'because they're new'....then it's time to make the manufacturers (or the stores that purchase from them) responsible.  I don't think we can accomplish this when we're so willing to take the hit.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

P.C. wrote:
Costco's return policy is insane........................

someone told me that Costco do this because they could just return the mechandise back to the manufacturer.....because of volume they have such great purchasing power that they can bully manufacturers to accept their contract conditions.  

Sportsdude

ugh this heat wave is annoying. I'm sweating buckets. Outside in a shirt and shorts ugh its november almost december!  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I heard the same thing 49er.  I also heard there's an outlet somewhere that sells Costco's 'overflow'.  Stuff with the packaging broken etc....quite the bargains I'm told.  I'll have to ask where it is again.

Sportsdude, enjoy it, I believe you'll be hitting -7 by Thursday....lol
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Tuesday 20C
Wednesday 21C
Thursday 6C

Can't wait til thursday this heat is making me sick.

Russ

If you find out PC where that is let the rest of us know, that would be an interesting place to visit.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

It's c c c co oooll ddd.... this morning.  

Does anyone here use any moisturizers to protect their face from the coldness?

Goats

Moisturizer miss purelife? What are those? Is that like putting water on your face? :)

purelife

Hiya goats.  hee hee... I'm just wondering if we need to protect our face from the cold.  Hmmm...perhaps it isn't necessary at all.

Goats

Well miss purelife,

I have heard of and used lip balm moisturizer in Africa, because of the heat. Actually, I have heard of it being used in the cold as well because some people's skin dries out and cracks.

Hows your day going? Get the window closed?

purelife

Wow, you've been to Africa?  That must have been an amazing experience for you.

Yup, got the window closed after a few jiggles and yup, all good now.  :)

My morning is going great so far.  I couldn't ask for a more beautiful day.  

How are you doing?  How was breakfast?

Sportsdude

I almost signed up for a habitat for humanity build in South Africa but I just don't have the time.  

Lise

Moisturizer, purelife? I just use baby lotion. Amazing stuff.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

scarf?
chap stick.

|