Crap, it's snowing

Started by TehBorken, Nov 26 06 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

WOW!  What a story, Russ.  That lady must've been praying so that she wouldn't get killed!  OMG!  I was slipping when my car was turning.  Thank goodness that nobody was around that morning.  

EDIT:  I'll do the hot water later on.  I hope it works.  

Russ

Yeah, but you were careful purelife. You didnt put your foot to the floor on the skinny pedal when you got stuck or started sliding. You obviously went slower so you were comfortable with conditions. I would suggest putting some more weight in the car, even if you are front wheel drive, more weight will help.

I couldnt believe it either, along joyce street, people were walking ON THE STREET to avoid the snow on teh sidewalks. Im mean, if people slide or cant stop when they see some fool on the road they will get hit! I stopped and mentioned that to some lady, then felt sorry for her and picked her up and dropped her off at the skytrain station which is where she was headed. She tried to give me 5 bucks for driving her 6 blocks! I told her to buy herself a cup of coffee.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

That was a very nice deed, Russ.  We need more people like you.  I've already blessed you, but will bless you more in an hours time.  

Yeah, crazy people walking on the streets.  I don't want to imagine.

Sportsdude

Got any odd weird scary snow driving moments?

I've got a ton.

Basketball game 4 years ago I was driving home from the hs basketball game I was in charge of (FBLA day at the school I was in charge of finances and I'm bad with money lol) anyway coming home my car started to fish tail because of the ice going down the highway at super slow speeds some guy in front of me did a complete 360 in his car.

Drove around after a blizzard once got the van stuck in a snow drift in the middle of nowhere down on the farm. brilliant. Family couldn't get a hold of me and they sent out a search party.

Junior year in high school. Got cocky and started doing power slides in the snow in the school parking lot.  Car was going straight for this girls Camaro, lol, when the car finally came to a stop it was 1 inch from hitting her car.  She was freaking out. I was laughing hysterically.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Wow, thanks purelife! 'bless' for you too, and SD.

I didnt think I did anything extra special though. I shoveled some elderly neighbors walks as well when I was doing mine AGAIN. Only took a few extra minutes. Im sure someone will do it for me when Im older.  

Sportsdude

Yeah I do that all the time helping people seems to become second nature to me. When I was younger and at my old nieghbourhood, the nieghbours are in there 80's and 90's I shoveled there sidewalks, porches, and driveways didn't ask for money either gave it back when they gave me something. Did the entire nieghbourhood block.  

purelife

You guys are big strong men with big hearts.  PURESWEETNESS!

49er

purelife wrote:

[/DIV]
 make sure not to put hot water onto the window glass......likely to crack if you do  

Sportsdude

It takes a village it takes a village. hehe

One year I when I was around 14 a big storm came through and there was this guy going around saying he'd do everyone's drive way with an ATV but he charged $$$$.  I dueled him for my services i did the homes near me for free wanted to do more homes but since I didn't know those nieghbours my parents wouldn't let me go door to door.

Just me and a shovel worked up a sweat though.  Learned how not to throw your back out though lol.

Russ

purelife wrote:

[/DIV]49er wrote:
make sure not to put hot water onto the window glass......likely to crack if you do

Good thinking. I havent thought of that. I normally just use hotwater from the taps and pour onto the jointing where its frozen, so its not really HOT water. But if its cold enough it might crack. Ill remember that, thanks 49er. Pretty simple concept if you think about it, lol.

Sportsdude

don't put water on things today tonight its suppose to get below freezing apparently.  

Russ

Its already freezing. If shes at work and just wants to get her window closed as it is already frozen, this is one of the things she could do. Simple and easy.

I do this when my window freezes in open or close position.

Ok, Im off to install a new programable thermostat. I can then have the heat come on when Im up, off when I away, on when im home then off when im asleep. Most places have these now, but im in an older house, lol.

Sportsdude

I don't think she has to worry about closing a window at work.  

Lise

Wow, Russ! What a story indeed!!! Damn. It just boggers the mind to see ppl who can't drive attempt to drive on the snow. They should leave their car behind and take public transport like normal ppl.

No accidents in sight as I was walking.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Crap I bought the wrong one, wont work on my system. Gotta go back to HomeDepot this afternoon. Ah well, more time to spend on DS.

|