Crap, it's snowing

Started by TehBorken, Nov 26 06 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
|

kitten

I left the Maritimes to get away from this sort of weather.  Now they are having reasonable temperatures  (15C the other day!).
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

Yeah it snowed 2ft one year the year I happend to have major surgery and was in the hosptial for 2 weeks brilliant timing.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

kitten

But at least you didn't have to shovel it that year.
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Sportsdude

lol yeah I couldn't do anything really since my chest was split open lol.  But idiot me just had to go down the hill just once a couple of weeks after. I hit the house.  15k dollar surgery almost went down the drain because stupid me just had to go down the hill.  

TehBorken

Lise wrote:
That's nothing. You should see where we live. Snow up to my knees.

Ack, that's way too much snow!!! I used to live on the East coast (Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia...it snowed every frickin year and I hated it....and it was one of the reasons I moved away from the the East coast.  

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Hate snow? Bring it on I say.  

purelife

Vancouver isn't as cold as Alberta.  Thank goodness.  Last night, I had to wait 20minutes before my skytrain arrived.  This morning, it was PACKED at all stations.  It was so busy.  Skytrains were running slowly.  My trip took an extra 15 minutes, which isn't bad at all.

Sportsdude

I guess you could be thankful they running at all.  Plus you don't have to drive in the mess so thats good.  When it snows here all you can do is drive. Its dangerous.  

purelife

I'm not complaining at all.  I heard that we're expecting a heavy snowfall later on.  

I wanted to close my window that was opened about 4 inches but it was stuck.  Oh-oh, don't know how to close this.

Russ

People are idiots. I laughed the whole time I took my gf to work, cant get mad. People were taking minivans or attempting to anyhow up or down sidestreets that had hills on them off of major arteries so you could watch and laugh. They would get stuck, start to slide, idiots would give it lots of gas, they would slide sideways into the curb or other cars, etc. I would let them get stuck then just drive by and give them the thumbs up.

The best this morning was one lady. I was stopped at a red light for at least 20s. This lady in a minivan was going too fast for her to handle and at the last minute slammed on her brakes. She started sliding, so she SCREAMED and TOOK HER HANDS OFF THE STEERING WHEEL AND COVERED HER EYES and just let her minivan go! It was scary to watch her as she slid into the intersection, but I couldnt help but laugh at her. I was glad she didnt hit another car or a pedestrian (I looked and didnt see a child seat or a kid in her mvan), wasnt worried about her, darwin would take care of that soon enough obviously!

Take it slow, and if you have a small front wheel drive car, take major streets, dont attempt hills on sidestreets! Stay in the right lane too, if bigger heavier vehicles want then, they can get around.  
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

get some de icer purelife, or get some hot water, poor it around your window and close it quickly. the water will refreeze but at least your window is closed.

Sportsdude

actually salt isn't the best. Sand is. Don't know if you can steal some sand from a near by beach (probably illegal lol just go to a hardware store and buy some for your side walks)  

Canadian

purelife wrote:
Vancouver isn't as cold as Alberta.  Thank goodness.  Last night, I had to wait 20minutes before my skytrain arrived.  This morning, it was PACKED at all stations.  It was so busy.  Skytrains were running slowly.  My trip took an extra 15 minutes, which isn't bad at all.[/DIV]
 -5 in Vancouver feels almost like -20 in Alberta. Its the moisture in the Vancouver air that makes it feel cold.

Here is the biggest difference between,

In Alberta, no snow is going to keep people from work or going to the ski hill.

In Vancouver, 5 mm. of snow, and the city is shuts down for two days.

Mind you, rain won't stop a Vancouverite from golfing, where in Alberta, the rain will postpone a golf game.

Russ

You are right SD. I agree sand is the best, but Im the lazy type. I bought ten bags of salt after dropping my gf off on the way home, and I heavily salted my front steps and sidewalks.. dont want a lawsuit.

I went to two places, and bought the last ten bags at teh second place. They always seem to run out of salt, you think they would learn to buy more in advance.  

purelife

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]In Alberta, no snow is going to keep people from work or going to the ski hill.[/FONT]

[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]In Vancouver, 5 mm. of snow, and the city is shuts down for two days.[/FONT]

Mind you, rain won't stop a Vancouverite from golfing, where in Alberta, the rain will postpone a golf game.

Agree!  I remembered last year where it didn't snow as heavily as yesterday and courier companies were having problems.  Oh well, I think that Vancouverites have grown too comfortable or something.  

I guess that I didn't feel cold because I really bundled up.  :)

|