Crap, it's snowing

Started by TehBorken, Nov 26 06 07:58

Previous topic - Next topic
|

TehBorken

Ugh,  I hate snow. And it's coming down pretty thick right now.  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Well, I just made an attempt to get into work.  Quarter of the way there, turned around and came home.  There's only about 6 inches out there, but it's coming down lak hek.  There are 3 big hills between me and work.....so I'm thinking.....I can make it UP this hill.......
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

kitten

My job is at the bottom of a steep hill on a small side street.  It was plowed on the hill, but I hate to think of what it will be like now.  Oh well, last shift for a couple of days.   *wiping sweat off brow*
Thousands of years ago cats were worshipped.  They have not forgotten.

Russ

Snow is fun, I just watch all the funny dumb vancouver drivers. My trek to where i go everyday isnt too bad, but the others on the road will the challenge.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

kitten

Nice new statement, Russ.  You do find the goodies!  

I was watching the idiots coming of the Barnet Highway this morning, and you would think they were at the Indy 500.  I can't believe so many morons can qualify for licences.  I try to drive defensively because people just don't use common sense in bad weather.

Lise

Exactly. Good reason not to head to work.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Ahhh....power again.  Power went out this morn...came back on for about 15 minutes then went out again.  Now we're back in business.  I can see the limb that's causing the problem.  It's just near the bend in the lower part of my driveway.  It's SO heavy, it's almost touching the ground, and the power line is underneath it.

Maybe that'll inspire them to come plough our road.

I got out and cleaned off the roof over the hot tub.  It was kinda cool, because in was solid with cedar stuff from the trees, so it was blocking a lot of light.  But with the snow, I just rigged up a long handled scraper, and it took the snow AND the cedar stuff.  The snow also made a good 'scratchless' scrubber.  The roof is plexi-glass, and it has a layer of pollen and whatever else left over from summer.  I feel a little bit full of myself.....rofl
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Thank goodness buses are still running, slowly, but running.  I was driving and that was somewhat ok.  There was one turn where it was pretty slippery.  I just took it extremely slow.  It doesn't look like it's going to stop soon... :P  Bleh!  

Sportsdude

Be careful out there. It can get dangerous.

[img]http://www.katkam.ca/p.asp?what=currentjpg"]

Its a winter wonderland!

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

That's nothing. You should see where we live. Snow up to my knees.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

up to your knees? Wow if Snow ever got up to my knees then it would be a blizzard and a national disaster. hehehe  

Russ

Lise wrote:
 That's nothing. You should see where we live. Snow up to my knees. [/DIV]
 yeah, pretty deep. havent seen it like this since i was young

Sportsdude

most snow I've walked through was up to my mid ankles. That was about 6 years ago when a foot was dumped on us.  

kitten

I just took a look outside and decided I'm not going ANYWHERE tomorrow!  I still think snow belongs only on mountains.

Russ

oh ive been in more and alot colder -27 deg celcius is the most when i was northern alberta. on vacation at the time if you can believe it.

i was refering to vancouver though, as in the most snow ive seen there since i was young  

|