So.. What have you done in the snow so far?

Started by Russ yes!, Nov 25 06 08:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ yes!

What have you done in the snow so far?

Ive done a snow angel already! Tried to get my gf to do one and she wouldnt so I hit her with a snowball instead.

Im currently working on a snowman!, but the snows kinda wet at the bottom. I shoved the walks once already.    

purelife

I walked around in the snow for a while and rolled up a ball.... I was going to make a fort but I was too too ccccooollllddd and dinner was almost ready.  :)  

Lise

I cursed.

Hehe. Nah. Haven't done a thing yet but we'll be running around tomorrow in the snow. I think I might invest in a tobogeen. (spelling???)
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Its tobagon I think but I just call it a sled.
Me I'll be buying styro foam and putting it all over the yard in my shorts and tshirt and sandals.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

OH YEAH!  Sled!  Totally forgot about that snow activity.  And I know the perfect hill for that... in New Westminster.  

Sportsdude

Cool! Haven't gone sleding in years last time it actually snowed here was 3 years ago. Pathetic, damn global warming...  

Lise

We have a hill not too far from where we are. Might try that one assuming we can walk there. There's one in QE park that's not too bad but it's close to the lake so the little ones might end up getting wet. I've seen some really scary close encounters.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ yes!

Where in new west purelife? You dont mean down the street do you? lol

its toboggan isnt it? Yeah, Ive called it sledding as well.

Just get one of those magic carpets, its easier to carry back up a hill rather than a toboggan. That being said I still have one of those traditional long aluminum ones. Good call Lise! Ill dig it out tomorrow and try it out again.

I gave up on the snowman, its too cold. I made one thats big enough for the head on a decent sized snow man.  

Russ yes!

Thats funny you mention QE Lise, thats where we used to go and the first place that popped into my mind tonight. Ill probably end up going there tomorrow for a while.

Sportsdude

Remember that King Louis the XIV picture I took? Well its over looking this HUGE steep hill called Art Hill (the Art House over looks it) Anyway tons of people sled down it when it snows but there's a pond at the bottom of it and people have gone into the pond before.  The Park Service sets up straw hay barrels but that doesn't stop somebody going really fast down a hill.    

purelife

It's in Queen's Park, Russ.  They have wonderful hills and ALL the kids go there...a very popular attraction.  All you need is a good piece of cardboard.  Heck, I used to slide down the hills at Strathcona Elementary when it wasn't snowing.  Those were the good 'ol days.  

Lise

I give up on making snowman. My back hurts too much. Man, I'm getting old. Ever get the feeling that no matter how many times you roll that stupid ball around, it doesn't get any bigger?  
Bill Cosby.

Sportsdude

Card board?
You can get a plastic sled for 5 bucks at Walmart or something.

Sportsdude

lol I know the feeling you need to find a hill. Then roll the ball down the hill. I've been blessed with giant hills in my backyard my whole life so I'm pretty good at making snow people.  

Russ

Yeah I agree its cheap now at wallmart SD, but I used to do the same as purelife when at school. Its a pain to take a toboggan to school, and they discouraged you doing that at my elementary school. So a garbage bag or a hunk of cardboard. Plus at the time when I was young there was no wallmart around, and sleds werent that cheap.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims