Best Deals

Started by Lise, Nov 25 06 04:21

Previous topic - Next topic
|

purelife

The TrueBlue Blueberry and Pomegranate 1.89L are selling at London Drugs right now for $3.99.  I think that they usually sell for like $4.50 or something.  I think that it's a sale.

Sportsdude

1.89L?

Thought Canada was metric?
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Nope.  Juices go by litres.  Anything less will be in ml.  

Sportsdude

I see.

Metric system makes more sense then the stupid system here.

49er

Sportsdude wrote:
1.89L?

Thought Canada was metric?

1.89L is metric  

Lise

Hmmm. That looks delicious, purelife!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

It's very delicious and super healthy and high in antioxidants.  I have a feeling that it's cheaper in Superstore for around 3 something for their noname brand.  But I find that their no name brand is too strong for my liking.  This one is just perfect.  

Oops, I don't know my metric system.  :P  (How can you tell?)  LOL

Sportsdude

Canada is metric.

For example Its 32 degrees outside here when in Canada it would be 0.

You get in the car and the speed limt here is 60mph while it would be 100kph in Canada.    

49er

any units that are measured in multiples of 10 are metric

eg.    1000ml = 1 L       100cents = $1     1000metre = 1KM

the old english units

eg.     pennies, shillings and pounds     pints, quarts and gallons    inches, feet, yards, miles

Lise

Don't they still use them in jolly old England?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

49er

Except for the US, I think everyone is using metric.  Our currency is metric but everything else is the old English system.  

Russ

The US and UK imperial systems have the same names, but are different values in terms of measurement like gallons.

So 1 UK Gallon is 4.54 litres and 1 US Gallon is 3.785 Litres.

The UK has metric SI units in terms of measurements and such.. except for Miles... Plus they drive on the wrong side of the road. Fallback from teh days of knights and the side they joust on.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

CK

purelife wrote:
$14.97 for Cars!  Wow!  Great deal!  My b/f paid $20 at Walmart two weeks ago.  That's a wonderful movie.    
Agreed!

My son LOVES that show...well...so do I!

purelife

CK!  I missed you again! miso sad... :(

I love that movie as well.  It's so darn cute.  Yeah, kids love that movie.  

If anyone of you shop at La Senza, there's a bra sale right now selling for $8.50.  Great deal on really comfy bras.  I've never shopped there but was amazed last night when I walked away with some.  Pretty impressive.

ADD:  The La Senza located on Robson (near Thurlow) is having a half off sale off the already-reduced merchandise (bras and lingerie).  So, those bras starting at $8.50 at another location would cost $4.25 at this location only.  They are renovating on Tuesday for a few weeks.    

kingy

|