New Line cinemas is stupidstupidstupid!!!!!

Started by Future Canadian, Nov 25 06 07:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Future Canadian

New Line Cinemas in their infinite wisdom has decided to go ahead on "The Hobbit" without Peter Jackson?!?!?!? Foolish mortals! M'man Igor puts it best:

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Lise

HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won't be as good, I'll give you that. Then again, I didn't think LOTR since the books were dry.

Fingers cross they won't screw up this classic book.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

kingy

it would depend on who the replacement is.

Future Canadian

Word is Sam Raimi, a fine director to be sure. But no one will have the touch that Jackson has. The way he integrated and adapted the books into a movie format was perfect. And his all-around attention to detail will also be hard to match. And with Weta not doing the FX it's doomed to mediocrity.
It'll be the same effect as X-Men III. The first two under Brian Singer were art, the last one under...uh...that guy was perfectly nice and all but completely forgettable.
*sob* I so wanted to see Smaug done right.

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Lise

Brian Singer is a director who knows how to tell a hero story at best. Alas, I wish he had approach Superman with the same touch he did with X-Men 1 and 2. Superman was...... *cough* lousy as hell.

And I totally hate X-Men 3. HOW DARE THEY KILL OFF Scott Summer? And the Professor.... ok, he's stuck somewhere else but man, did they have to get rid of the main characters? Why not bring back Nightcrawler? He was already established in the sequel.

Ranting done.

I never liked The Hobbit. I don't know why.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.